I'm developing a digital wellbeing app using FamilyControls and DeviceActivity.
The core functionality of the app is to show the user their per-application Screen Time usage, including the application identity and duration (for example, Instagram — 1h 30m, YouTube — 45m).
I understand that on iOS 26.4+, AuthorizationStatus.approvedWithDataAccess and DeviceActivityData.activityData(filteredBy:using:) provide access to non-tokenized application usage data.
I also understand the current Apple documentation states that customer installations can only obtain approvedWithDataAccess on devices located in the EU with an Apple Account configured to an EU country or region, and that outside the EU the authorization status never becomes approvedWithDataAccess.
My app and test device are based in Kazakhstan.
My question is not about bypassing Apple's privacy model or implementing an undocumented workaround. I would like to know whether there is any official path for a legitimate third-party Screen Time / digital wellbeing app to obtain this data outside the EU, for example:
an additional entitlement; a developer approval or application process; a regional exception; an alternative Apple-supported API; or any other official mechanism.
We already have the Family Controls distribution entitlement approved and have enabled the Family Controls App and Website Usage capability.
If no such mechanism exists, I would appreciate confirmation that the EU restriction is currently absolute for customer installations and that there is no additional entitlement or approval process available for developers outside the EU.
The reason I am asking is that per-application usage is a core part of the application's functionality, so I want to make sure I am not missing an official Apple-supported option before designing around this limitation.