27.2 IOS update

Hi,

I recently updated my ipjone 14 Pro with the 27.2 IOS update and, unfortunately, my phone became useless....I can nor access the internet (wi-fi) nor cellular data! Many apps stoped working...weather, whatsapp, instagram, ...etc

Can anyone help me to solve this problem!?

Thanks

Answered by Bgnr in 907817022

Hi everyone! I was working to solve my problem and I was successfull! So I share with you the steps I followed to achieve it. In my case, I had a VPN installed for protection that was blocking conection. So I just disconnected it. Bellow are the steps I planned and followed: .

  1. The system update

Likely cause: iOS 27.2 is a beta, and betas often ship with bugs in the Wi-Fi and cellular (modem) software. Testers have reported iOS 27 beta Wi-Fi problems: frequent disconnects, "connected but no internet", and the phone jumping to cellular and not coming back.

Most telling check: go to Settings ▸ General ▸ About and look at Modem Firmware.

If it's blank (or the IMEI is missing), the cellular chip's software didn't load. Settings won't fix that; you need the next beta or a downgrade. If it shows a value, the problem is more likely settings or the network, and the steps below have a good chance of working.

  1. Wi-Fi and cellular data

Do these in order and stop when the connection comes back:

Basic resets: turn Airplane Mode on for 30 seconds, then off. Then force restart: Volume Up, Volume Down, then hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.

Clock: make sure Date & Time ▸ Set Automatically is on. A wrong clock can look exactly like "no internet".

Things that block traffic: turn these off one at a time and test after each: any VPN or profile under VPN & Device Management

iCloud Private Relay on your Wi-Fi network: Limit IP Address Tracking and Private Wi-Fi Address

Also set Configure DNS to Automatic Cellular: check that Cellular Data is on and the line is active. Then switch from 5G to LTE under Voice & Data. Beta modem software often has 5G bugs.

Reset Network Settings: this deletes saved Wi-Fi passwords and VPN settings, but not your apps or data. Don't delete the eSIM. Getting it back requires internet and your carrier.

Report it to Apple: press both volume buttons and the Side button together for about a second to save a diagnostic log. Then file it in Feedback Assistant.

If nothing works: you'll need to leave the beta. Back up to a Mac or PC by cable. iCloud backup needs internet. Restore the phone to the current public iOS in Recovery Mode. This erases the phone.

A backup made on the beta can't be restored onto the older iOS. You'd restore a backup from before the beta, or set the phone up as new and sign back into iCloud.

If you don't have a computer, go to an Apple Store!

Good luck to all!

Accepted Answer

Hi everyone! I was working to solve my problem and I was successfull! So I share with you the steps I followed to achieve it. In my case, I had a VPN installed for protection that was blocking conection. So I just disconnected it. Bellow are the steps I planned and followed: .

  1. The system update

Likely cause: iOS 27.2 is a beta, and betas often ship with bugs in the Wi-Fi and cellular (modem) software. Testers have reported iOS 27 beta Wi-Fi problems: frequent disconnects, "connected but no internet", and the phone jumping to cellular and not coming back.

Most telling check: go to Settings ▸ General ▸ About and look at Modem Firmware.

If it's blank (or the IMEI is missing), the cellular chip's software didn't load. Settings won't fix that; you need the next beta or a downgrade. If it shows a value, the problem is more likely settings or the network, and the steps below have a good chance of working.

  1. Wi-Fi and cellular data

Do these in order and stop when the connection comes back:

Basic resets: turn Airplane Mode on for 30 seconds, then off. Then force restart: Volume Up, Volume Down, then hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.

Clock: make sure Date & Time ▸ Set Automatically is on. A wrong clock can look exactly like "no internet".

Things that block traffic: turn these off one at a time and test after each: any VPN or profile under VPN & Device Management

iCloud Private Relay on your Wi-Fi network: Limit IP Address Tracking and Private Wi-Fi Address

Also set Configure DNS to Automatic Cellular: check that Cellular Data is on and the line is active. Then switch from 5G to LTE under Voice & Data. Beta modem software often has 5G bugs.

Reset Network Settings: this deletes saved Wi-Fi passwords and VPN settings, but not your apps or data. Don't delete the eSIM. Getting it back requires internet and your carrier.

Report it to Apple: press both volume buttons and the Side button together for about a second to save a diagnostic log. Then file it in Feedback Assistant.

If nothing works: you'll need to leave the beta. Back up to a Mac or PC by cable. iCloud backup needs internet. Restore the phone to the current public iOS in Recovery Mode. This erases the phone.

A backup made on the beta can't be restored onto the older iOS. You'd restore a backup from before the beta, or set the phone up as new and sign back into iCloud.

If you don't have a computer, go to an Apple Store!

Good luck to all!

27.2 IOS update
 
 
Q