Hello,
I am an independent developer, and my app "Old Ways: Maps & Terrain" (iOS version 1.0.0, build 67) has been in "Waiting for Review" since I submitted it on October 13, 2026 - 13 days as of today. App Store Connect shows no messages from App Review, no rejection and no request for information, and the status has not changed since submission.
The Android version of Old Ways is already published and available to users, so iOS is the only platform still blocked. This is the first iOS submission of the app. The delay directly affects our iOS launch and the plans of a one-person studio that cannot release, market or monetize the app on iOS until review begins.
I understand that review times vary and I respect the work of the App Review team. However, 13 days with no activity at all is far longer than the typical review time for most submissions, and it looks like an anomaly rather than a normal queue.
I would appreciate specific guidance on three questions.
Question 1: Is there a known reason why a first submission can remain in "Waiting for Review" this long (for example an additional verification step, or a routing or queue issue)?
Question 2: Is any action required from my side, or should I leave the current submission untouched so I do not lose my place in the queue?
Question 3: What is the recommended official escalation path beyond an App Review Status Inquiry and an expedited review request?
I am filing a status inquiry with Developer Support in parallel and will update this thread with the outcome, which may help other developers in the same situation. If an Apple team member can check whether the submission is correctly queued, I would be very grateful.
Thank you.
Final update, October 29: the app has been approved and is now available on the App Store.
Timeline: I submitted it on October 13 and it stayed in "Waiting for Review" for 16 days, until the review started on October 29. About 11 minutes later the status changed to "Ready for Distribution". There were no rejections, no messages and no requests for more information from App Review at any point.
For anyone in the same situation: I did not cancel or resubmit the build, and I only contacted Developer Support through the App Review Status form. A support advisor replied and escalated the case, and the review started the next day. I cannot say for certain what moved it, but leaving the submission untouched worked out for us.
Many thanks to Apple Developer Support for the help and the escalation, and thank you to everyone in the community who read this thread. Marking this as solved.