Thread 1 Sigabrt

I have a to do list app.

When i click save button, connected to unwindToTableView:, the app crashes giving an error "Thread 1: signal SIGABRT".

Tried seing many forum questions nothing helped.

Thanks For Your help.

Accepted Reply

We should have a canned answer to this question:

The SIGABRT only indicates that the app called abort() — that is, crashed deliberately. This can happen as a result of an error unwrapping a Swift optional (which can be an unconnected outlet), but there are plenty of other possibilities).

The SIGABRT is always preceded, in the console log, by an error message that says what the actual error is. From there, the correct strategy is to use the debugger to stop and see the backtrace (call stack) at the time of the error. Note that in Xcode 9.2 and later, if the reason is a Swift-specific error such as a nil optional, Xcode will show the actual error message on the appropriate source code line when it stops. For crashes resulting from an Obj-C exception, the correct approach is to add an exception breakpoint in Xcode before running the app.

Replies

Pretty often, this is caused by an unconnected outlet or an anoulet whose connection was corrupted.

Check in Connections Inspector, remove connections, rebuild them. Then do a clean build folder (option clean).

We should have a canned answer to this question:

The SIGABRT only indicates that the app called abort() — that is, crashed deliberately. This can happen as a result of an error unwrapping a Swift optional (which can be an unconnected outlet), but there are plenty of other possibilities).

The SIGABRT is always preceded, in the console log, by an error message that says what the actual error is. From there, the correct strategy is to use the debugger to stop and see the backtrace (call stack) at the time of the error. Note that in Xcode 9.2 and later, if the reason is a Swift-specific error such as a nil optional, Xcode will show the actual error message on the appropriate source code line when it stops. For crashes resulting from an Obj-C exception, the correct approach is to add an exception breakpoint in Xcode before running the app.

can you help me out please.

Thanks for the help.

Ruuning a project only fails on my mac while runs okay in other Macs . Error before crash says

/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/9DCBD3DB-5CEF-4CAF-B2A5-6C57C703DF8A/AppName.app/Frameworks/APAddressBook.framework/APAddressBook: code signing blocked mmap() of '/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/9DCBD3DB-5CEF-4CAF-B2A5-6C57C703DF8A/AppName.app/Frameworks/APAddressBook.framework/APAddressBook'

/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/9DCBD3DB-5CEF-4CAF-B2A5-6C57C703DF8A/AppName.app/Frameworks/APAddressBook.framework/APAddressBook: stat() failed with errno=1

Any hints ?

I’m not sure how this problem relates to the original question here. My recommendation is that you start a new thread for it over in Xcode > Debugger (a good place for general debugging questions), making sure to include a full Apple crash report for the crash.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"