Apple Developer Program membership
Access to WeatherKit is included in the Apple Developer Program, which also provides all the tools, resources, and support you need to develop and distribute apps — including access to beta software, app services, testing tools, app analytics, and more.
WeatherKit requires iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13, tvOS 16, or watchOS 9. REST APIs can be used for websites and other platforms.
Availability and pricing
WeatherKit provides up to 500,000 API calls a month per Apple Developer Program membership. If you need additional API calls, the Account Holder of your Apple Developer Program membership can subscribe in the Account tab of the Apple Developer app. Subscription plans are priced in U.S. dollars, or in local currency where available.
- 500,000 calls/month: Included with membership
- 1 million calls/month: US$49.99
- 2 million calls/month: US$99.99
- 5 million calls/month: US$249.99
- 10 million calls/month: US$499.99
- 20 million calls/month: US$999.99
- 50 million calls/month: US$2,499.99
- 100 million calls/month: US$4,999.99
- 150 million calls/month: US$7,499.99
- 200 million calls/month: US$9,999.99
The Account Holder can upgrade or downgrade a subscription at any time. If the Account Holder:
- Upgrades a subscription, a new billing period is started and you can start using the new plan immediately. Your quota resets to 0 and the number of API calls is replaced based on the new subscription.
- Downgrades a subscription, you can continue to use your current plan during the current billing period.
Please note that unused API calls don’t roll over to the next month.
When using WeatherKit in your apps, web apps, or websites, you’ll need to follow guidelines and requirements for attributing weather data from Apple. For details, view the attribution requirements section below.