Xcode 15 beta 5 – iOS 17 Simulator runtime not available

I downloaded Xcode 15 beta 5 and I'm trying to work on my app, but it's having a problem with the simulator. It can't find the runtime I guess. This is the first time I've ran into this.

When I try to run, this is what I get:

The com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-17-0 simulator runtime is not available.

runtime profile not found using "System" match policy Download the com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-17-0 simulator runtime from the Xcode Settings.

Not sure what to do here. I also installed the latest iOS 17 developer beta on my device and Xcode doesn't work with that either. I can't help but think the development team forgot something here.

Having the same issue

installing Xcode 15 beta 8 fixed that issue

Same issue in "official" Xcode 15.0 ...

Same issue with Xcode 15.0.1

Thanks @dokimyj ! We had a similar issue with "unavailable, runtime profile not found using "System" match policy" and your suggestion fixed our issue! So great!

I tried killing the instance and it started working

sudo killall -9 com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService

i tried to kill "-9 com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService"

👉 sudo killall -9 com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService

It worked👍

it works great !!!

Same issue with Xcode 15.2 says

/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Volumes/iOS_21C62/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 17.2.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/aosl.framework/aosl' (no such file).

1. Spotlight search 'Storage'
  2. Go to Developer
  3. Delete Xcode cache

Should resolve the issue

Thank you for the good suggestions. Didn't know how to clear my Xcode cache. I rebooted and it resolved the issue, probably because it has the same effect at the killall command cited above.

Hi friends, I was able to fix this issue by going to Xcode, settings, platforms, and simply un installing iOS 17.4 runtime and reinstalling it then re-launching Xcode and cleaning the build folder, it solved the issue.

Xcode 15 beta 5 – iOS 17 Simulator runtime not available

Q