Cryptocurrency Exchange App

Hello guys,

We're building a crypto exchange which will also have iOS and Android mobile apps for sharing expenses with frieds easier (in crypto, of course).

The only references about crypto i found here are the followings:

3.1.5 (b) Cryptocurrencies: Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtual currencies (e.g. Bitcoin, DogeCoin) provided that they do so in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions. Apps facilitating Initial Coin Offerings (“ICOs”), cryptocurrency futures trading, and other crypto-securities or quasi-securities trading must come from established banks, securities firms, futures commission merchants (“FCM”), or other approved financial institutions and must comply with all applicable law.

Apparently, there is a list of Apple’s approved Cryptos:

• Bitcoin
  • Bitcoin Cash
  • Dogecoin
  • Dao
  • Dash
  • Digicash
  • Americoin
  • Ethereum
  • Ethereum Classic
  • Lite Coin
  • Lisk
  • Monero
  • Ripple
  • Steam
  • Tether
  • Waves
  • ZCash

Am I missing something? We don't want to invest time & money with development and end up with our app not being accepted on App Store.

We are also considering to implement NEO (and maybe also Stellar Lumens) which is not listed above. Is that a problem?

Thanks,

-c

Replies

Hi!
According to the new review guidelines:

3.1.5 (b) Cryptocurrencies:

ℹ Wallets: Apps may facilitate virtual currency storage, provided they are offered by developers enrolled as an organization.

And previously, apple allows ONLY approved cryptocurrencies

3.1.5 (b) Cryptocurrencies:

ℹ Wallets: Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtualcurrencies currency storage, provided they are offered by developers enrolled as an organization.

Now, the word "approved" dissapeared. So that means any cryptocurrency on any blockcain is allowed in the apps? Anybody knows? 🙂

I've been watching that disclaimer, and gave up waiting for a maintained 'approved' list from Apple.

I think Apple instead decided that rather than try to maintain a public list (might change too often for their liking), they removed the disclaimer and now let App Review decide on the fly.

>Apparently, there is a list of Apple’s approved Cryptos:

Unless you have a current citation of a list via Apple domain docs, I'd suspect the one you're looking at is not 'official'. You can ask support, but it's my guess App Review will check your choice/Stellar Lumens live during a review...and yes, that perhaps means you need to run a review gauntlet to confirm.

check our site keypay.io
Why not include libonomy cryptocurrency as well. It's getting recognized all over the world now and it has a lot of advantages over other crypto

We have previously got Crypto Exchange App approved. You need Company account and DUNS number for it .

Using which you can get your [cryptocurrency exchange script] https://codono.com listed.