Safari Content Restrictions in SCREEN TIME Not working properly

I was trying out the new content restriction feature, but now even when I set it to Unrestricted Access, it would still block all my web access other than *.apple.com.

And while list doesn't let me add anything in. Can someone test it out and confirm that's not just me?

Replies

I can confirm that it is not just you. I set to limit adult websites only and I get blocked on everything. I then came back into the settings and it had all websites blocked. I then re-checked that limit adult websites only, backed out of settings completely, tried again and the same thing happened. I also can't add it to the websites when it's blocked and I click to add it.

There appears to be a conflict of "restrictions".

Go to Screen Time, Content & Privacy, and disable Dinner and privacy at the top (button).

Then go back to settings, general, restrictions and turn OFF (disable) restrictions.

Then go back to Screen Time and continue your testing

I had the exact same issue last night... I played with turning restrictions on and off in ScreenTime and in General -> Restriction.

Also, sometimes "Restrictions" didn't even appear in the General menu.

After playing around with it for 15 minutes, I was finally able to get it working on regular websites. The working setting for me is to keep General->Restrictions ON, ScreenTime ON, Content & Privacy ON, but give Web Content Unrestricted Access.

I'm honestly scared to turn filtering back on.

I had to disable and re-enable the Settings -> General -> Restrictions as it was showing Restricted Website Access there even though under Screen Time it was showing Unrestricted. Once I did that, it set it back to Unrestricted in both areas.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. You saved my sanity.

No luck for me. I've tried everything you guys suggested, but it's still not allowing me to see anything other than *.apple.com.

Is there any way to completely reset the screentime feature?

I spent over an hour with someone I know at Apple Support who could only say "oh Wow!"

The only way I foudn to get the phone working again was to do a hard restore back to 11.4 then re-install 12.0 again. Shame as I really would like to see this feature work...

So I HAD my restrictions on for Limit Adult Content to not allow private browsing or deleting the history then when I checked safari all those options just randomly were accessible again even though previously they were not allowed. The limit adult content was still on in my settings so there was no reason for it to allow those options. Not sure why they randomly stopped working even when the settings are locked in. After I turned it off and back on again it took away those options but not sure why it allowed it before