"Build input file cannot be found"

I changed my project name in project navigator and right after I tried to simulate it.

An error appeared and said "Build input file cannot be found"

Replies

Did you do a Clean Build Folder ?

I got the same error, was actually migrating a branch of my project from UI Kit to swiftUI and also added scene delgate. along with renaming th project folder and also target name.

I had this problem too. Basically, go to the main project at the top of the Project Navigator, select on the Target in the "Targets" field, go to General, and select Choose Info.plist File under Identity. Here, choose the Info.plist file and select "choose". Rerunning the file will make it work. Note that you should change all instances of the old project name. This is a super old StackOverflow post that will (sort of) help you in renaming your entire project properly. I hope you understand.
Hard clean my build folder did the trick for me ! Thanks @Claude31.

I did so by going to the "Product" tab in the top bar, then click "clean build folder" while pressing ALT for a hard clean.

a proper solution without fiddling Clean Up Build or "Hard Clean" or Renaming of Projects..

in Xcode 10+, and i think even earlier versions, goto..

1. Left Panel

2. select Workspace

3. then select <Projectname>.xcodeproj

4. the middle section should present project settings by now

5. in the middle section the right side shows your Project and its Targets, select the Target.

6. from the presented Tabs choose Build Settings

7. use the search field to find CLANG_USE_OPTIMIZATION_PROFILE, or type optim.. to filter all available options.

8. by now you should see the section for Apple Clang - Code Generation

in which you will find the build option CLANG_OPTIMIZATION_PROFILE_FILE.

That is the location of the profile that is missing. You could change that.

If you want to stop the use of profiling then just switch

Use Optimisation Profile aka CLANG_USE_OPTIMIZATION_PROFILE to NO

• Best explanation thanks man 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Add a Comment

Very worst XCode copying. We are really disappointed with these kind of issues!

• agree. the worse part is that Apple couldn't fix this. so we all have to live with it

Add a Comment

If you recently moved your info.plist to another folder, then go to your Target / Build Settings / Packaging / Info.plist File and edit the path.

• Thank you Cristy! You saved me <3

• Thanks, Cristy !! This worked for me too. Your steps were straightforward and good for Xcode 14+ versions

Add a Comment

I got this error after I deleted a .png file I was no longer using. I found the file name showing in red, deleted the name, did a clean build then my project was able to build.

• This was helpful. Thanks

Add a Comment