notarization stuck in queue for 1hr+ ?


I'm testing some automation around notarization submission and waiting and I've noticed tonight the following behavior: after submitting my request successfully with `xcrun altool --notarize-app`, I get a request UUID. However, `--notarization-info` errors with "UUID not found" and it doesn't appear in my `--notarization-history` either.

After more than an hour, it shows up and processes. During this time there is no feedback whatsoever that the UUID is valid or that I'm in a queue.

Is this typical and should this be expected as part of our build process?

Can the output of `--notarization-info` be improved to at least to note that we're in a queue rather than to error with not found?

Thank you!


Same issue on my end. Neither Xcode nore command-line notarizations are passed.

The app bundle uploaded successfully, with UUID provided for the upload. However, no such entry in the history, and eror when trying to get status with notarization info.

For example, the lastest UUID:


Successfully uploaded, but

altool[5075:30267] *** Error: Apple Services operation failed. Could not find the RequestUUID.

What's interesting is that sometimes I receive letters from Apple for previous uploads that some of them were notarized. But I'd say it's about only 5% of all uploads. These uploads appears in the history as well.

On my side: the notarizations do eventually complete. It has taken anywhere from 1 to 2.5 hours but they eventually show up.

As noted in my original post though, until they run it looks like the UUID doesn't even exist.

I see this request being processed. So, it seems like some performance issues.

Was almost instant just a few weeks ago.

With the current processing speed absolutely not an option for a CI.

Really weird processing at the moment.

Passed three uploads:


First one just ignored, even though it was first in the queue. Other two processed without any issues.

Now I've got an timeout exception :/


425 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

426 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(

427 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(

428 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(

429 at

430 at

431Caused by: Could not connect to any repositories

432 at

433 at

434 at

435 at

436 at

437 at

438 ... 6 more

4392019-11-03 05:12:04.556 altool[4391:33553] Out:

4402019-11-03 05:12:04.713 altool[4391:33545] *** Error: An error occurred uploading to Apple Services.

same issue for me, Im also having issues uploading builds to the MAc App Store...