Xcode 11.3 - Archive succeeds but does not appear anywhere

Running archive in my project in Xcode 11.3 (and 11.2.1 as well) on a fresh installation of Mac OS Catalina results in "Build Successful" but it does not appear in the organizer. My scheme is correctly configured with "Reveal Archive in Organizer" checked - and the build output produces no errors. It just finishes with build successful and thats it, and a grep of my system cannot find any existence of an xcarchive on my machine.

After searching I found others with this issue from past versions of Xcode who solved it by restarting Xcode/Cleaning/Removing Derived Data - this is not working for me. I have also verified my Installation Path is accurately showing /Applications.

I AM able to archive the project using xcodebuild in the terminal and specifying custom paths for the resulting files - but this is not ideal. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Replies

See TN2215's three bullets w/Xcode successfully archived my application, but the Archives Organizer does not list my archive

Still no joy, try to provide details on your entire IDE including mac type, free space on drive, any use of a VM, etc.

I had the exact issue running Xcode 11.3.1. We noticed that Xcode said the Archive was successful, but there were no .xcarchive files in the Organizer window. Further investigation found that `/Users/<your user name>/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives` was read-only. Changing that to read/write fixed the issue for us.

• That's work for me!!!

Add a Comment
I am having this issue too. When I check the newly generated Archive's folder, I can only see the folders BCSymbolMaps, Products, and dSYMs, whereas previous (and working) archives had those three, as well as the Info.plist and the folders SCMBlueprint and SwiftSupport.

This happened to me after updating Xcode. I have tried all previously mentioned solutions (to my knowledge). Any help is welcome.
i have the same issue, i have updated to xcode 12.1 and catalina 10.15.7 and when i execute 'Product->Archive' it show build succesful , and then xcode close itself , then i check the folder /Users/<your user name>/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives and there is some folders there thats is been created , i alrady give permissions as a user suggest but still not show anything in windows->organizer.
any suggestion?
After three days of trying all solutions, it is back to normal.
I updated the OS to Catalina 10.15.7 about when it came out, and didn't need to Archive since. I'm guessing this + updating Xcode was part of the issue.
I fully uninstalled Xcode, reinstalled it, changed the /Users/<your user name>/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives folder permissions to read, write and execute, shut down the computer (restarting will not do it) and started it up again.

I also have the three bullets from TN2215 that KMT mentions.

I hope this helps anyone.
Hi DreArg, i try your solution , uninstall, install xcode, give permission to Archives folder, i check the 3 bullets point of TN2215 then shut down but the problem persist :/ , i really dont know what else to try, since i need to publish my app .
i will appreciate any other suggestion ,thanks
hi, finally its working :)
i did all the steps that DreArg says, but also what this fix suggest : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29548538/xcode-6-3-crash-while-archiving-a-project .
if someones is in same issues it might help .

Also running into this on XCode 12.2. I moved XCode.app to my trash, shut down and started my computer again, and reinstalled XCode but my archives still aren't showing in the organizer. Because of this I can't submit my app to the app store.

Maybe relevant: When I double click on the archive at ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2020-11-16/myarchive.xcarchive it opens XCode with the alert "The archive could not be installed." / "The archive may be corrupt or unreadable." When I check the package contents of this app versus a previous one, I see it only has Products, dSYMs, and BCSymbolMaps directories while the old one also has an Info.plist and SwiftSupport and SCMBlueprint directories.

I've looked at the advice here but my project was already set up correctly: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2215/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40011221-CH1-XCODE_SUCCESSFULLY_ARCHIVED_MY_APPLICATION__BUT_THE_ARCHIVES_ORGANIZER_DOES_NOT_LIST_MY_ARCHIVE

Update: Got this to work by creating the archive on my teammate's computer. He's running XCode 12.0.1 while I'm using 12.2. I then airdropped the archive to my computer and it showed up in the organizer and things went smoothly from there. I assume this an issue with the latest XCode.
Same problem here. It worked smoothly and then suddenly archives are created in the right folder, and Organizer does not pick them up. It started with Xcode 12.1, now I updated to 12.2, same problem. Tried all the guides mentioned by previous posts, nothing seems to work.
We were having this issue on a React Native project and in our case it was related to this issue: https://github.com/react-native-mapbox-gl/maps/issues/1097

TLDR: It was related to a problem between Mapbox SDK and cocoapods 1.10.0
  • This works for me, From 2 days I m trying to solve this. You saved me

Add a Comment
For me this is what fixed the issue:
  1. Open terminal, and enter open ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/

2. Delete all the contents of the Archives Folder

3. Restart Xcode & Open your project

4. Clean > Build > Archive

5. If solved, organiser window should pop open after archiving

I guess either some bad files were left in the directory that were causing issues, or the folder was becoming too large.

For me I had to delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist and it started working. Alternatively, check Preferences -> Locations -> Derived Data and Archives and see if a non-valid path is supplied, upon further inspection I think that was my issue (migrated my Xcode preferences from a different computer).

I am currently having the same problem with M1 machine macOS Monterey, Xcode 13.1. Archived was succeed, but organizer window didn't appear, when I try to open archived file inside finder, I can find only BCSymbolMaps, Products, and dSYMs. Any ideas to solve this ?

• Hi, you could solve this? I have the same problem

Add a Comment

Facing the same issue with M1 machine too... I tried everything people posted here. Any ideias?