Network UDP connection problem from Apple

Since March 13, 2020, Apple testers have been unable to connect to our UDP server while there have never been problems in previous years.

We are from Italy and everything works we tried from various devices and from various networks, we also contacted a friend of ours in New York and he too connects without problems.

We tried to

- change Server (other IP)

- use other UDP network library

- change the ports

The problem remains the same.

We have tried both in IPV4 and NAT64-IPV6 everything works correctly for us.

The server is 37.187.136.13 (North of France)

UDP protocol

Ports 14240 and 14242.

Can anyone inside Apple try to understand the problem?

We don't really know what to do anymore.

Replies

This is my tracert 37.187.136.13

https://ibb.co/NZVv8VC

Can please execute tracert 37.187.136.13 from Apple.

Thank you

Apple Developer Forums is a community for discussing developer-level issues with Apple’s SDKs and tools. It is not an official Apple support channel, even for developer issues, and it’s definitely not the right place to seek support directly - suggest using the 'contact us' tree below, instead - good luck.

My team's app, which we have not had problems with getting past reviews all last year 2019, has also started getting rejected from App Review recently - around March 17, 2020 - with reviewers showing screencaps of our in-app UDP connection failed error message.
We cannot reproduce the issue ourselves on normal networks, and have tested IPv4 vs IPv6 as well.

Have already sent messages via Apple's Contact Us.
Our current vague suspicion is that this may be related to Apple employees working from home due to COVID-19.

Thank you TonkPM for reply.

Other people have the same problem ... UDP connection

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/130624

We have also contacted Apple, we hope that someone will solve this big problem.

Thanks

Gabriele

Hi, did you find out anything about the login failure during the review?

Thanks

Gabriele

I have the same problem.

Hi, did someone find a solution ?
Does anyone know how we can escalate this with Apple? I've used the Contact Us for support but there is no response. I ran into the same issue back in April. Then in May the app got accepted. No code change whatsoever with the UPD connection. Now, the submission team is rejecting the app again on the latest updates. I suspect Apple staffs are working from home and behind corporate VPN that is blocking UDP connection. TCP connection to the same server works just fine from the Apple tester's device.
I also tried to contact them but they didn't answer. The only workaround is to use TCP instead...
This issue can lead to malicious behavior and can be used as an exploit. But it feels like until a press article talk about this issue, Apple won't even consider looking at this.