ITMS-90809 even though not using UIWebView

Have submitte4d a build to Apple (for TestFlight) and receioved a warning back...

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of app updates that use UIWebView APIs starting from December 2020

I do not use UIWebView - I used to, a long time ago, but changed to WebKit and WKWebView many versions ago.

Curious why they detected UIWebView in my App.

Anybody else had the same issue recently>

(By the way, have submitted numerous builds in the recent past and never received this feedback before)

Accepted Reply

I'd wonder if your submittal/build/project uses any 3rd party APIs/SDKs/Tools...

Might want to deep search for uiwebview on the entire project/folder, being sure to perform a 'clean build folder' via Xcode, regardless.

Replies

Are you using any third party framework ?

It seems the controls are more and more strict and precise. I experienced the same with an app update recently on another issue.

Maybe they have finally detected a use of WebView there ?

I'd wonder if your submittal/build/project uses any 3rd party APIs/SDKs/Tools...

Might want to deep search for uiwebview on the entire project/folder, being sure to perform a 'clean build folder' via Xcode, regardless.

Ah yes. I use iOS Charts (I don't think there's a problem there - it's not a webby kind of framework), but I do use TwitterKit. Who knows what's going on inside there. I know that Twitter stopped supporting it some time ago (made it open source). It was alwlays a bit clunky. Maybe its time to jettison TwitterKit in favour of something more modern. I shall investigate further.

I resolve this issue by finding uses of UIWebView in my project.

run following command in terminal
grep -r UIWebView .

This command will highlight the path to files that contain the UIWebView.
(note: point your project folder in Terminal)