iTunes 12.2.2 crashes after launch

I've been having real issues with iTunes since upgrading to iTunes 12.2 and OS X El Capitan 10.11 Beta.

I can launch iTunes and it will then attempt to connect to iTunes Store. iTunes will then crash and ask to send a report. Afterwards, if I try to launch iTunes again it crashes immediately. I have updated iTunes to the 12.2.2 release and I am having the same issues as before.

The crash report says "iTunes quit unexpectedly while using the libgnsdk_dsp.3.06.1.dylib plug-in."

My library is stored an external SSD card permanently connected to my MacBook. Before upgrading to both iTunes 12.2 and OS X El Capitan 10.11 Beta I had no issues with iTunes.

I have tried reinstalling iTunes but this has not solved the problem. I can't try and restore from a back-up as the latest back up I have is to old.

Any suggestions??

Accepted Reply

Hi Touchstone,

These kinds of crash normally result from a corruption in your iTunes Library. You can test if this is the problem by Opening iTunes while you hold the option key (shift key for Windows) if it works, this will create a new library and you can copy/move your music etc. over by using the "Add to Library" option under the file menu.

Let me know if this answers your question 🙂

Max.

Replies

Hi Touchstone,

These kinds of crash normally result from a corruption in your iTunes Library. You can test if this is the problem by Opening iTunes while you hold the option key (shift key for Windows) if it works, this will create a new library and you can copy/move your music etc. over by using the "Add to Library" option under the file menu.

Let me know if this answers your question 🙂

Max.

I have a similar issue. itunes won't recognize the iPhone 6 - it's greyed out most of the times. It crashes after a while. It also crashes when downloading items for the store.

Really annoying.

Plus, iBooks on the iPhone (iOS 8.4.1) stopped working. It syncs my books but crashes before displaying anything.

The days of "it just works" are truly gone. They'd been gone for some time now.

Thanks Max! That fixed the problem!

Glad it's sorted for you 🙂