UI Testing Failure - App accessibility isn't loaded

I think I've encountered a new way to fail.

t = 1.13s Waiting for accessibility to load

t = 61.14s Assertion Failure: UI Testing Failure - App accessibility isn't loaded

This happens when running an integration via Xcode bot, on a rather large codebase The test runs fine on my local machine's Xcode, but fails on the server.

A simple toy app also finishes integration without any issues, so likely the app is triggering some bizarre edge case.

Can anyone at Apple comment on whatever could be causing this?

Replies

Hi Joar,

The issue still exists in Xcode 9 beta 4,5 and latest Xcode 9 beta 6. I have raised a bug, but it has been marked as duplicate.

A large number of tests are failing with this issue when executed using xcodebuild command. If it is not fixed already, could you please let us know the workaround as of now? This is badly effecting our lives.😟 Thanks in Advance !

I want to bring this topic up and see whether there is a way to resolve this issue. I'm currently running into exactly the same problem,

t = 1.13s Waiting for accessibility to load

t = 61.14s Assertion Failure: UI Testing Failure - App accessibility isn't loaded

After this test continues to run as expected... Can we decrease this 60 secs waiting time? Or disable it completely?
Any thoughts or ideas would be highly appreciated!

Thank you.

Guys, this issue is present in XCode 11 and in XCode 12. Any suggestion how to solve? Or why...

Code Block
Application '***.yyy.zzz' has not loaded accessibility

Code Block
Test Case '-[LoginViewControllerUITests test_login_Email_OK_PWD_wrong]' started.
  t =   0.00s Start Test at 2020-09-17 17:51:26.261
  t =   0.09s Set Up
  t =   0.09s   Open ***.yyy.zzz
  t =   0.19s     Launch ***.yyy.zzz
  t =   0.19s       Terminate comxxx.yyy.zzz:84707
  t =   1.59s       Wait for accessibility to load
  t =  61.59s       Setting up automation session
[...] error: -[LoginViewControllerUITests test_login_Email_OK_PWD_wrong] : Application '***.yyy.zzz' has not loaded accessibility
  t =  61.68s Tear Down

Killing the simulators the issue disappear, but of course in a CI environment is not the best way to solve this issue.

Killing the simulators the issue disappear, but of course in a CI environment is not the best way to solve this issue.

It seems to be the one working method. We setup our CI to kill simulator after each test.
Restarting the device got rid of this issue for me!

Not sure if anyone tried, but for me UI Testing Failure - App accessibility isn't loaded fix is simply adding

import Accessibility

I have the exact same issue. Whenever I run our test suite, I get the same issue (see attached screenshot). I have no idea how to solve those. I run my tests in random order and I get the accessibility error on random tests that pass once and fail sometimes. Has anyone ever gotten this issue fixed?