How do I get promo codes?

I just submitted my App to Apple review. I clicked for Manual release and I changed the date to December tempoprary date in pricing. I need promo codes that's why I did it. I didn't see anywhere in iTunes Connect that asked me if i'd want promo codes, so I'm assuming Apple will give them to me if review goes well and they approve it or did I have to ask for the promo codes before I clicked submit?

Also, just now I submitted my app for review, how long should I expect this review to take assuming all goes well? Can I do anything to speed up my review process maybe by contacting App review team if I can?

Replies

Once your app is approved, when you look at the app page in iTunes Connect there should be a "Promo Codes" link under Additional Information way down at the bottom of the page. That's where you request the promo codes.

Average app review times are currently reported as 6 days for the iOS app store (appreviewtimes . com). No there is nothing you can do to speed up the review process for a regular review. If you could do it, everyone would do it and then we're back where we started. You can request an expedited review for specific reasons (critical bug fix, fixed event date, etc.) but there's no guarantee it will be approved, and doing so will decrease the chances of similar requests being approved in future. If you don't really need it (just being impatient) it'll cause grief later when you do actually need it and your request is denied.

'Expedited' reviews can be requested - as noted, just be sure you need one as they aren't party favors...

Apple has this to say about that:

"Please Note: Expedited reviews are granted on a limited basis and we cannot guarantee that every request will be expedited. Sign in to request an expedited review."

Finally found it. It isn’t available through the app.

On the website on iOS it’s under the menu containing the blue “App Store” text (select “Services”). On desktop/iPad, it’s the “Services” tab.

From there, it’s the last item on the left “Promo Codes”.

Hope this helps someone else or my future self!

I'm tearing my hair out on this! Actually I don't have enough hair to do that, but you get the idea :)

I cannot for the life of me find where in App Store Connect one can generate promo codes. It seems they've moved it? Anyone have an idea here?

• Yes I had a hard time finding it too but here it is. In App Store Connect select your app. On the top of the page next to your app name there is a Services link. Click on that. Then there is a Promo Code link on the left side of that page. Hope this helps you!

Add a Comment

I have a subscription based app and I found the promo codes under the subscription that I wanted to generate codes for then went to View all Subscription Pricing then there's a tab for offer codes. Not sure about a paid app tho. I can't for the life of me download my generated codes. I get a server error every time

I am facing the same problem with subscription offers. 'Server error' when downloading the file with codes.

I just found it - it is still under the Services tab, after you select your app. But for some reason sometimes the Services tab doesn't show up for me at least. I logged out and logged back in (mac safari), and then it showed up.

This is from the App Store Connect docs (as of today, this Jan 30, 2023 ;)):

Request promo codes

1. From My Apps, select your app.
  2. Click the Services tab.
  3. In the sidebar, click Promo Codes. The Promo Code page opens with Generate selected.
  4. Under App Promo Codes, enter the number of version promo codes and under In-App Purchase Promo Codes, enter the number of in-app purchase promo codes you want to generate.
  5. On the top right, click Generate Code.
  6. Read and agree to the contract terms for Apple to distribute free versions of your app or in-app purchase, and click Generate Code.
  7. Click OK. You can view or download the generated promo codes on the History tab.
  • What happens when there is no promo codes in the sidebar when you click services?

Add a Comment