New Product Type Identifier - 3F? in App Sales Report

When I check today's app sales report there was some sudden spike in app downloads. But no increase in profit/sales. There was a new identifier in prodect type - 3F. Any one seen or know anything about it?

Other Product Type Identifiers defined by Apple.

Free or paid app

iPhone and iPod touch (iOS)

Update

iPhone and iPod touch (iOS)

1-B

App Bundle

1E

Paid app

Custom iPhone and iPod touch (iOS)

1EP

Paid app

Custom iPad (iOS)

1EU

Paid app

Custom universal (iOS)

1F

Free or paid app

Universal (iOS)

1T

Free or paid app

iPad (iOS)

7F

Update

Universal (iOS)

7T

Update

iPad (iOS)

F1

Free or paid app

Mac app

F7

Update

Mac app

FI1

In-App Purchase

Mac app

IA1

In-App Purchase

Purchase (iOS)

IA1-M

In-App Purchase

Purchase (Mac)

IA9

In-App Purchase

Subscription (iOS)

IA9-M

In-App Purchase

Subscription (Mac)

IAC

In-App Purchase

Free subscription (iOS)

IAC-M

In-App Purchase

Free subscription (Mac)

IAY

In-App Purchase

Auto-renewable subscription (iOS)

IAY-M

In-App Purchase

Auto-renewable subscription (Mac)

Replies

I beleive there's also a new 3T type.

We have no idea what these are as they are not listed on Apples help document http://help.apple.com/itc/appssalesandtrends/#/itc0c699d615

All my 3F entries have `developer proceeds` > 0 so i'm a bit confused as to whether they are sales or not.

Please don't tell me they're refunds haha.

I am also seeing the new F3 type in my sales repots for two days now and was not able to find it anywhere in the documentation. Anyone has more information about it?

I have emailed iTC support, but not heard back yet.

Me too, and today they answered:

"We've made some updates to Sales reports to now show redownloads, and information on the device used. Additionally, there are some changes to Product Identifiers to support tvOS.

The new device column shows where your app was purchased, updated, or redownloaded. Values include Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Desktop.

The supported platforms column denotes which platforms your app supports. Values include iOS, tvOS, or iOS and tvOS.

We also added redownloads to your reports. These are indicated by new Product Type Identifiers:

3: Redownload of iPhone-only, or iOS and tvOS app (excluding iPad-only)

3F: Redownload of Universal app (excluding tvOS)

3T: Redownload of iPad-only app

F3: Redownload of Mac app"

Thanks for the info.

<rant>I have been seeing these codes for at least a month. Yet the "Sales and Trends Guide: App Store" document has not been updated. Is there really no checklist at Apple that says "update the document when we add new codes." This another example of the shoddy operation that is iTunes Connect.</rant>

It's now 2021 and the "Sales and Trends Guide: App Store" document still does not contain these codes.

I bet that watch band vendors get better data.

Here's the documentation with all the codes: https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev63c6f4502

Hi, could you please explain whats the difference between 3 and 7? We want to get the re-downloads, but the numbers don't match with the numbers in the Apple Console directly with the re-downloads.

Any help to get only the numbers of re-downloads via the API?