Error: Couldn't accept the invite (already accepted)

I'm trying to add myself to a "internal testers" testflight build. When I tap the "start testing" link in the email, Testflight (the app) opens on the app page. Tapping "install" returns an alert box telling "Couln't accept the invite", "Invite for this app already accepted" (the second translated back from Italian, it's translated in the app).

The app don't appears in "Testing", there is no (apparent) way to start the test. The same appens on other devices of mine. I already tried to remove me from the internal testers list and readd me later with no results.

Any ideas/hints/suggestions?

Thank you!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of gtufano Down vote post of gtufano
14k views

Replies

So open testflight, and at the bottom tap on 'Stop Testing'. Then open your email / testflight and accept the inviite again, should be able to download it now.

• This worked for me... today.

Add a Comment

"Stop Testing"??

There is no Stop Testing option in my TestFlight.

This is the dumbest, most annoying "simple" app I've ever used - why can't I accept the invite all over again? And if it says I already accepted the invite why isn't it letting me in without asking for Redeem code all over again (while not giving me a Redeem code to plug in here)?!

Such a simple logic gone sideways....

This just happened to me. I fixed it by going into the "All Testers" tab and actually deleting the account from the cached accounts on my iTC Testflight list. If you remove a tester from a testing group, it just removes them from the group.. deleting them from the "All Testers" tab will actually reset them. Just make sure the same Apple ID isn't in multiple testing groups, though that shouldn't cause problems, realistically..

• hdykstra's solution worked for me. I removed all testers and all testing groups and started from the ground up, and it worked. surprised this issue still exists!

Add a Comment

Yet another stupid thing they won't never fix!

This is still not fixed. Seems it's not possible to use Testflight again after resetting the device. I've tried everything. Just getting the invalid invite message.

I have the same problem. I've deleted myself from the "All testers list" and added myself again. Problem persists. I've deleted the TestFlight app and clicked the invite email link. Then I'm forwarded to a webpage to re-install TestFlight. I am then also provided with a Redeem Code. Upon installing TestFlight and entering the Redeem Code, the problem persists. It is unbearably annoying and a genuine hurdle to be productive.

I managed to sidestep this issue by deleting myself from the list of testers and creating an external testing link. Using that link resulted in TestFlight correctly displaying the game instead of being stuck in the "Redeem" dialog.

I had the same issue and solved on the iPhone: 1- Delete the TestFlight App 2- Go to Settings and log out from the Media & Purchase Section (On iOS 17 you get there by clicking your name on the top of Setting App) 3- Download TestFlight again and it just showed the app so I could install it on the device. 4- Log in to Media & Purchases again (just to be able to use the App Store again on the device).