Are TestFlight Crash Reports available via iTunes ?

I just want to get confirmation that Crash reports are NOT available from TestFlight users.

Can anyone confirm that they are able to receive iOS crash reports for beta apps distributed via TestFlight.

Here is an extract from the Apple developer library about the Crashes Organiser:

How Crash Logs Are Collected and Aggregated into Crash Reports

Apple provides a service that collects crash logs from users and organizes them into downloadable crash reports. However, crash logs are collected only if you upload an app with the symbols. (In the Archives organizer, select the “Include app symbols for your application…” box when you upload your app to iTunes Connect.) For apps released in store, the user must also agree to share crash logs with developers. TestFlight users automatically share crash logs with developers. The service that creates the crash reports does the following:

• Collects crash logs from apps and app extensions running on user devices
  • Symbolicates the crash logs (replaces memory addresses with human-readable names)
  • Compares stack traces to identify and group similar crash logs into crash reports
  • Removes all personal user data from crash logs
  • Provides the total number of unique devices where the crash occurred
  • Provides a sample set of crash logs for each crash report
  • Updates crash reports daily

And here is an extract from iTunes Connect:

Can I get crash reports for my builds?

No. Crash reports for prerelease builds are not provided.

So I am confused about whether crash reports are available via iTunes Connect for apps in beta with TestFlight !

Accepted Reply

When I go to Xcode > Window > Organizer > (app name) > Crashes, I see entries for both Release and Beta versions of Instaviz. The Beta versions correspond to the TestFlight betas, and there were crash reports available there (at least until recently, YMMV).

On the other hand, the website iTunes Connect > My Apps > (app name) > App Store > (version) > Additional Information: Crash Reports only shows the Release versions of Instaviz.

So the documentation is correct if you read it precisely. The Crashes Organizer lists both Release and Beta. The iTunes Connect site lists only Release.

Cheers

Glen Low

Pixelglow Software

try.instaviz.com

Replies

When I go to Xcode > Window > Organizer > (app name) > Crashes, I see entries for both Release and Beta versions of Instaviz. The Beta versions correspond to the TestFlight betas, and there were crash reports available there (at least until recently, YMMV).

On the other hand, the website iTunes Connect > My Apps > (app name) > App Store > (version) > Additional Information: Crash Reports only shows the Release versions of Instaviz.

So the documentation is correct if you read it precisely. The Crashes Organizer lists both Release and Beta. The iTunes Connect site lists only Release.

Cheers

Glen Low

Pixelglow Software

try.instaviz.com

OK thanks, I guess there must be another reason I don't see any beta crashes in XCode

It seems there are some delays or something - finally thet are coming through.