Will updating my iPhone to iOS 9 stop call functionality?

Hi Developers!

I have a iPhone 5 running on the vodafone UK network, and I am going to upgrade it to the iOS 9 beta (probably). The reason why I might not, is that I still need the call functionality on my phone. I still need to be able to:

Call

Text

Get 3G

If I can't do any of the above then I won't upgrade to iOS 9 😢. Please help me!

Thanks,

The_Enderman

Replies

Not had issues with the above in previous betas. Could be entirely wrong though.

I have not tried yet on my primary phone, however, I've had no issues with my test device (iPod Touch). Messaging works fine, and I've installed the last 3 betas on my main phone and not once has it messed up my phone calls, data, or text.

Usually you see three issues:

Battery life

Video playback issues

Misc bugs (performance hits and third party hardware)

NEVER install a beta on a device you depend on.

I've personally not had any issues with any past betas regarding this.

Mostly Battery Life issues

Ocasional Heat issues.

But don't expect any call issues.

For me, this beta on an iPhone 6 Plus has ruined my call function. I can answer, but cant hear the caller. Same if I call out.

Model: NGAH2ZP/A

Carrier: Telstra (Australia)

Ive had no issues on an iPhone 6. Just your normal Video/Battery issues thusfar.

Calls work fine for me so far.

You should post the model number from General/About - it helps others with the same model - but also might allow people to help you report/debug

I had the same issue until I found what was causing it. Prior to installing iOS 9 beta 1 I had changed my "Call Audio Routing" to "Bluetooth Headset" from "Automatic." After not being able to make or receive calls after installing iOS 9 beta 1, I downgraded back to iOS 8.3. Then I found the solution and set the "Call Audio Routing" back to "Automatic" reinstalled iOS 9 Beta 1 and now I can make and receive calls.

I just got the update today in the US, for my 4s. I can not make or recieve calls. It disconnects before the call can go through.

I can text, sms, email everyting else, but no phone or voice mail.