Playground not displaying output

Am using Xcode 6 on old MacBook Pro and trying playground with swift - find that the output I expect is not being displayed on the right hand side Anyone else see this?

Replies

FYI. I had the same problem on a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro.

I went to lunch and came back and the "Show Results" in Playground finally showed the code results correctly as well as all my errors were gone. Turns out, my MBP was just too slow.

I resolved this issue by purchasing a Solid State Harddrive. Seriously. My MBP compiles with the best of 'em. Give it a go.

I was having this problem in Xcode 8.2 (8C38) in OS X 10.11.6. To fix, selected Xcode menu option named "Editor", then selected "Execute Playground" near bottom of menu.

In my case, the problem was solved by dragging to left the displayer section output in order to make it bigger, then the outputs appears.

I hope this can help.!

I have the same problem!

what does "displayer section" under such circumstance, I tried drag assistant editor to the left most, nothing happend.

If you move your cursor to the right hand side of Xcode. Your cursor will change to a "adjust window" cursor. Just click and drag to the left and you'll see the result preview window appear. Hope this helps. 🙂

Please make sure to click "This helped me" for newcomers.

Same issue with Xcode 8.3, Restart solved it...

I had this annoying problem in Xcode 9.4.1. I opened Xcode Preferences > Behaviors > Playgrounds and clicked on all the Show options. I'm not sure which one worked but one did. I've been wasting too much time with this problem to try to deselect Show options to find out which solved the issue. Just glad it's working...for now. Fingers crossed.

While creating a playground.At the box on top (when choosing Game etc.) and check if you chose IOS or MacOS

I know this old but ran into a quick fix that worked for me. I'm on Ventura 13.1, Xcode 14.2, and still ran into a lost of coms using playgrounds. I first quit Xcode, and then restarted my M1 MBP 13, went right back to the original playground and still didn't fix it. Without restarting the system again, I shutdown Xcode, opened it again with a fresh playground and saw life again. Keeping the new playground open, I opened my original project and started seeing life in debugging/console output and the results panel. Hope this helps.