Purchase fails when using Touch ID

I currently have an application in external testing via TestFlight. I'm seeing an odd, repeatable behavior: IAP fails when using Touch ID to authenticate. The dialog to confirm the purchase appears, and as soon as I authenticate with my fingerprint the window disappears and no further action occurs. If I attempt the IAP again but enter a password, the transaction completes as expected.

This occurs on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1 release, and also occurs on an iPhone 6s plus running iOS 9.3 b3. I can't for the life of me think what would possibly cause this to fail, is there something with TestFlight that may cause errors with Touch ID IAP authentication?

Replies

Hello,

we have exactly the same problem.

We haven't found the solution yet, does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

We got the same result when testing on 9.2.1 and 9.3

We are experiencing the same issue, only reproducing it slightly different:

Open App

Navigate to bundlesView

Press purchase on any item

Prompts for touch ID

Prompts for touch ID a 2nd time

Prompts for touch ID a 3rd time

Nothing happens

Error message: "App Name Purchase failed or cancelled."

I am facing the same issue, have you found a solution?

This is the only thing that I have to finish testing before I submit to app store but I dont want to submit without being absolutely sure that IAP will work as expected

Thanks!

It looks like TestFlight somehow does not support Touch ID purchases. I had several of my apps experiencing the same issues while being tested. However, upon release, Touch ID works fine.

Same here, what ended up being the issue? I turned off TouchID, and now get prompted for the password (once), but the outcome is the same. Thanks.

Not in the Testflight world, but in the real world,

im experiencing the same problem with my old object-C app

and still looking for how to fix the code.

I'm pretty certain that Touch ID is not supported in the sandbox test environement. All TestFlight apps are executed in the sandbox environment. If there is a problem with Touch ID in the production environment, that would be an issue to take up with Apple Care or at a Genius Bar.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of rich Down vote reply of rich