iTunes App display app installed size while iTunes web display app download size.

Check our app in iTunes App on Mac, the size of our app is 112MB. But it becomes 172 MB while check it on web(open with Safari).

Then, i found that 112MB is the app download size for universal device that displayed in iTunesConnect->My App->Activity->iOS Build History->select your current build->AppStore App File Size. And 172MB is the app installed size for universal device.

To make sure that the size of app that displayed in iTunes comes from the build infomation, i open iTunes App in my iPhone6 and find our app page. The app file size displayed is 157MB, as same as the app installed size for iPhone6 displayed in the build infomation. The app file size displayed in iTunes is supposed to be 95.5MB from build infomation.

One more infomation, I download our app with 4g network success. But with Apple's rules, iOS apps with a final size of 100MB or smaller can be downloaded over a cellular network, and larger iOS apps require a Wi-Fi connection to download.

So i think it's a mistake that Apple Review Team(or other team?) make or it's a bug. The app file size displayed in iTunes is supposed to be the app download size from the build infomation, which is 95.5MB in our case.

As our app is mainly sale in China, where the app file size do have great influence while user decide to download it or not, can Apple Team do something about this issue to help us? This is very improtant to us! We have done a lot effort to thin our app size but now result in nothing. This does frustrate us!

Replies

While download size is important, install size is far more important because, the app store

needs to know if there is room to install the app in the first place. If there isn't, there is no

need to download the app anyway. It would do you no good if your potential users could

download the app but not install it.

Why did you wait four hours and then duplicate your question?

Please pick one thread and stick with it, thanks.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/45207

But why iTunes behave different in iTunes App and iTunes web?

The install size is important, however, the app size that displayed in iTunes should be the download size. Just like you download any other games or apps anywhere, it should be the download size to display. And so was iTunes.