How to delete container in CloudKit Dashboard?

For demo iCloud, build many containers in CloudKit Dashboard. Now i want to delete some old containers but i can't. I need help thanks.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of EarlyMorning Down vote post of EarlyMorning
21k views
  • Maybe Apple wants the deletion of containers to be as revolutionary as the calculator on the iPad...

• I would settle for renaming a container. New projects always come along.

Add a Comment

Replies

This is currently not supported. Please file a bug report with the feature request so we know what issues facing developers to prioritize:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

Is deleting iCloud containers from iCloud dashboard still not supported? I have a bunch of dead test iCloud containers I want to get out of there.

• Hi there, just want to have updated, that bug still not fixed, containers still couldn't be removed.

Add a Comment

It seems like containers still can't be deleted. This is crazy. When you build a demo app and it contains a container, it will be there FOREVER!

Still not an option as of July 8, 2018.

Come on Apple!

What could possibly be the problem with deleting unused containers? At least group them in some way to allowing hiding them.

Same problem here. It is always worrisome when a tool that is expected to be used by developers, is not being updated by the platform provider. Given the very few minor changes since its launch years ago, is the Dasboard (and Cloudkit as a whole) in danger of dropping all iCloud Apps for some third party cloud host, and waste current developers significant efforts to build Apps for the Apple market? A few, helpful updates to Dashboard would certainly by a reassuring sign from Apple.

Apple, can you get your head out of your collective ***** and fix this crap? Come on, this has been going on for over three (count em ONE - TWO - THREE) years that I know of and have heard of it being a problem for more than FOUR! This is ******** Apple. You cannot possibly come up with a lame excuse for this, because there isn't any viable excuse.

FIX IT!

Yep, still a problem Nov 2018. After the initial fiasco of Core Data sync to iCloud and the lack of care with the current CloudKit (as shown by this lack of response to this issue) I am very leary of using CloudKit with so many other services available. Your choice Apple. Up till now all of our sharing is done using Dropbox. Its not perfect, but definitely better than a half-supported, poorly implemented iCloud.

Well it is December 2019, and you still cannot delete old/test/junk containers. Unbelievable !

Can we hope that something will change for the better? )))

June 5 2020, still can't delete containers. The technology isn't there yet.

June 29 2020, WWDC 2020 is over and no optimizations concerning this topic.
July 9 2020, I hope I live to see the day.
:D I cant delete the container can you help guys
Nov 17 2020 - of course no change yet ;)
  • New Year Eve 2021 and still no change. Maybe 2022 will be better :(

• Sigh - still a problem - Thanksgiving 2022.

Add a Comment