How to delete container in CloudKit Dashboard?

For demo iCloud, build many containers in CloudKit Dashboard. Now i want to delete some old containers but i can't. I need help thanks.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of EarlyMorning Down vote post of EarlyMorning
22k views
  • Maybe Apple wants the deletion of containers to be as revolutionary as the calculator on the iPad...

• I would settle for renaming a container. New projects always come along.

Add a Comment

Replies

As I typed the bundle identifier for the demo app. It creates 10+ garbage containers along the way automatically.

Guess those will be sticking with me for the rest of my life.

I wish I could share an image. Just found out that the forum doesn't support image either.

OMG.

February 2021 - Seems to be a really hard to code feature
Come on Apple... seriously?
Still can't
The technology just isn't there yet. :D
Deleting a container is still not supported. Wonder if Apple wants to deprecate this tech and has something new to use instead of iCloud? I kind of like the idea to not create backend APIs to support just simple data store for my apps.
March 28, 2021 - Still nothing!
It just doesn't work
***... March 31, 2021.
My container is constantly crashing and cannot delete/recreate it, mind blowing...
WWDC21 we are waiting for ...
Cannot delete container 30 apr 2021
Seems pretty strange that this issue is still unresolved. Can someone from Apple comment on the rationale behind this messy business of orphan containers? Could this open up security breaches? Anyone in the community know if an un-used container could be a potental vulnerability?
Heavy Sigh on this missing functionality.
When I tried moving my dev schema to production, it failed and didn't give a reason.
Attempting to debug, I created a second container just by adding a 2 at the end of the identifier.
the new container works fine, so I tried deleting all the Record Types from the original. I then created a new recordType with a single custom field. it still fails with no reason given.
Then I thought I'd just delete and recreate the original container......
apparently not :-(

no we still can't delete containers , I have sooo many from tutorials when I was learning about Cloudkit

Please @Apple update CloudKit for WWDC 😭

1.Update the CloudKit Dashboard UI!! 2.Include more Publishers usage with Cloudkit 3.Ability to Delete old Containers! 4. Real Time updates! 5. Destroy Firebase 😈

No such luck in WWDC2021...

I'm starting to see my namespace get out of control in the containers from scratch apps I'm building to figure out CK sharing...

Especially in the Development zone, this is really needed!