AdHoc distribution

Hi,

I have developed an app for the employees of a company. We have just recieved an Enterprise Account and it shows the creation of 'In-House Provisioning Profile' will be available only after two weeks of account activation'. So i created an AdHoc provisioning profile along with a distribution Certificate and registered a few devices to the profile for testing purpose.

We are using Okta Mobile Store, a third party distribution for ditsributing the app to the employees. When i am uploading the ipa file generated using the Ad Hoc provisioning profile(generated from Enterprise account) to the Okta store getting an error messgage that ' The .ipa file does not have a valid enterprise provisioning profile'.

Is the error message shown as it is not an In-House provisioning profile being used. Will stores block from uploading an ipa generated using AdHoc profile.

(I am hoping that this will get resolved when we are be able to create In-House distribution profile from the Enterprise account 😟)

Can anyone please advise me on this.

Accepted Reply

An Ad-hoc provisioning profile is used for distribution to beta testers.

In your example, you will need to wait two weeks as noted before you can distribute to employees for their regular Enterprise use.

Replies

An Ad-hoc provisioning profile is used for distribution to beta testers.

In your example, you will need to wait two weeks as noted before you can distribute to employees for their regular Enterprise use.