Xcode 7.3.1 in macOS 10.12 beta

I have the latest Xcode beta, but would prefer not to make the many changes to Swift 3 just yet -- as I have more pressing tasks at the moment. Is it possible to use Xcode 7.3.1 in the latest macOS? Currently I'm having a problem where Xcode seems to not be able to communicate fully with the simulator. I get this error:

DTAssetProviderService could not start DTXConnection with Simulator 'iPhone 6s'. Check the system log for errors.

There are a few threads out there about this error, but so far none of the proposed solutions have worked. I suppose this may be as simple as I must convert our code to Swift 3 at this point, but I was hoping someone out there might be able to suggest an alternative solution to keep using 7.3 in the meantime.

Edit: The logs from the simulator. https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f39f7280b5f7686b20789577ff1ea856

This is a known regression in macOS Sierra that causes an incompatibility with Xcode 7.3.1 when installed through the Mac App Store. The officially supported tools for macOS Sierra are Xcode 8, but there are workarounds for using Xcode 7.3.1 if you need it. Using Xcode 7.3.1 downloaded from developer.apple.com does not exhibit this problem. The problem only exists when installing through the App Store.

By this workaround, my debugging app could wake up from Simulator!! But no output debug of NSLog...

Then I perform a shell script in terminate.app.

for dir in ~/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/*-*-*-*; do mkdir -p ${dir}/data/var/db; done

Then debug of NSLog... was correctly output !!

I'm waiting a new version. Thanks

Hi, Jeremy

Thank you for explanation.

In case there is already Xcode 7.1.3 being installed from App Store, should one delete something except the Xcode.app from the Applications folder?

Just delete the old Xcode.app and copy in the new one.

Hi Jeremy, Thank you very much. Re-install fized the issue for me.

Xcode 7.3.1 in macOS 10.12 beta

Q