iMessage Link Preview Not Working

Is the link preview feature in iMessage working for anyone? If I send a link, all it does is put the domain name with a small white safari logo next to it. No preview. I've seen this feature working in YouTube videos.

Replies

Yeap , I have seen this also.

the 10.2 update killed this feature,

Message link previews are broken and only

disply the safari icon w/url.....

sadly i have found no fix yet ......

cheers

Is this still an issue? It seems like the rich SMS preview does not work when message is from uknown sender on iphone but it appears to work OK on the IPAD. I would love some insight on the rich SMS hyperlink preview. It seems to inconsistently work or perhaps the blocking of the rich SMS hyperlink preview from unknown senders is a feature?

I realize this was posted years ago but I too am having this issue now and not really finding how to enable link previews.
Add the ending / in the meta tags and it'll work again... I think they probably updated the code in iMessage to check for correct syntax and that broke it. So just use correct syntax and you will be good again

<meta property="og:image" content="https://yourURLhere/imagenamehere.jpg" />
<meta property="og:image:type" content="image/jpeg" />
I've got a problem with getting this working through certain link shorteners.

This long link works fine with a preview image:
jeaniego.com/view/339185

These shortened versions also work fine:
bit.ly/prevtest1
*******.com/prevtest1

But this one, using a custom domain, doesn't show a preview image. (It uses *******.com, the same shortener as above.)
jgo.fyi/prevtest1

Anybody have any ideas why this might be broken when using a custom domain for my short link?

I have the same problem with getting this working through certain domains ended in .pe For example hola.pe