iOS 10 alarm volume

Anyone know how to change the alarm volume in iOS 10 beta. Not the new bedtime/wake up feature just the standard alarm. On previous versions you used the ringer volume but it doesn't work anymore. It's always super loud even with ringer volume/music volume on lowest?? Might be a bug?

I was having the same problem. I read someone else's posts and figured out what to do and my alarm sounds are working now. I think the last update should have been followed with instructions. I think our phones are working like laptops. Try turning your phone completely off for a minute or two. Then turn it back on and hopefully it will work. My phone ring, timer and alarms were not working, but they are now. Good Luck!

I have iphone 7, i tried setting>sounds>Ringer and alarms>Add the volume to the max and unmark the box changed with buttons.. ur alaram will work fine and wake u up even if ur phone on silent.. good luck..

I can get my alarm ringer to turn down just fine, unless I have my earbuds in. I have tried to use the volume toggle button as it is going off, but all it does is shut the alarm off. The next time it goes off it is still full blast. Help! It is driving me crazy! I have an iphone 5s with IOS 10.2. I also do not see a way to change what my alarm sound is. I can change alert sounds, but not alarm.

Same issue here, great that you brought it up. A shame apple hasn't responded to it yet.

it's really frustrating. The sound is so loud that the speakers give an extra click when I turn it off! In the alarm and sound settings the volume starts low (the same as the volume is set), it slowly fades in all wonderful. But when it comes to the actual alarm going off, all bets are off! Highest volume and no fade in! Really frustrating. It sounds like the speakers are going to break,..

Everyone, get in touch with apple bug report. If we all do it perhaps they will address this more quickly. Bug report; http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I tried this and it didn't help

This worked! Thank you

This is a bug. Apple is working on a fix.

I had the same problem today. I restarted the iPhone, then went to the Clock app and changed the choice of sound. That worked so I changed it back to my original selection. It's working just fine now.

I got mine working by going into settings, sounds etc. There you'll find a slider and toggle button for Ringer and Alerts. I moved the slider from the lower volume side of the range to the middle of the volume range bar. Then I went back to test my clock alarm volume in the clock app. It was much louder...previously it was too quiet. I suspect that the slider bar is acting like a master volume limit for the clock alarm. Interested if anyone else can try this and find success.

Apple really needs to fix this as the alarm should be changed with sounds and not the ringer function, I like to have my ringer off and still hear my alarm like it used to be, now I set my alarm and if I switch to silent with the button on the side I don’t hear an alarm at all, this is unacceptable.
iOS 10 alarm volume

Q