How do I get an admin panel on my app?

Does anybody have any links to articles, videos, tutorials, etc. where it shows how to set up an admin panel on your app? I am making a notification app for a local business in which the owner can modify text fields and image views. It seems like a simple thing to add, but I just can't find any tutorials on it ! Thank you all for taking the time to read it , and thank you for the help in advance !

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

And as far as being able to adjust the data from the owners iPhone to be shown across the rest of the users, is this possible ?

junkpile’s suggestion of CloudKit may well be the right answer here. To confirm, you wrote:

The app is a notifications app, and it shows stuff such as practices, game times, league standings, etc. I would like to be able to modify this from an iPhone in app, which would update it for the rest of the users.

Is this strictly one-to-many? That is, there is one user who is updating the data and many users who looking at the data? If so, CloudKit would be a fine solution.

CloudKit supports the notion of a public database, where you (as the app developer, and hence the owner of the CloudKit container) can set up privileges such that you (or a limited set of users) can update data in this public database. So, you could put all this information the public database, update it from time to time, and have all the users running your app see those updates.

There are lots of alternative approaches you might take, but the advantage of CloudKit is that you don’t need to build any infrastructure.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

"Admin panel" isn't exactly a standard term…could you be a little more specific? Are you talking about a macOS Preferences window?

I'm sorry for my lack in terminology, As I am a fairly new app developer! The main goal of the app is to have text fields and image views to be able to be changed by one iPhone, and for the data to be updated for the rest of the users. I did some research and I came across the reference of "giving certain Apple ID's admin privileges" and I don't know if this is the correct term once again. If you need me to specify on anything else please let me know ! I have been researching this for a while , and appreciate all the help I can get !

Are you talking about themes?