App icon missing issue

Hi all,

I am not able to understand the main reason of the issues that I am facing currently. I have two issues with the work that has been completed.

Issue 1:

My app icon doesn't appear on my testing device but does on simulator. I have searched for answers among which most of them suggested to reinstall an app, clean -> rebuild. I tried them all but with no success.

Issue 2:

Issue comes up when I'm trying to submit archive where it fails to upload.

ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': 'AppIcon29x29'"

ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': 'AppIcon40x40'"

ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': 'AppIcon60x60'"

ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."

Can someone please help in this? Thank you.

Replies

>My app icon doesn't appear on my testing device but does on simulator.

Which is a classic red flag - the simulator (your mac) is _not_ case sensitive. iOS _is_ case sensitive.

myIcon.png

....is not the same as

Myicon.png

Be sure when correcting that problem to (1) remove the icon from the project (2) rename in the Finder (3) re-add the icon to the project (4) option-clean the build folder before building/archiving/aubmitting again.

Hi All..

We ere facing the same issue of App Icon missing, after building the app in Xcode 9.

AppIcon was missing in some iPad4 (iOS 10.3.3), iPad Pro (iOS 11.0.0)....

Many post hightlighted on the AppIcon image color space to be of SRGB.

We hit for few hours...

But upon creating a new project from Xcode 9, we didn't faced this issue.

App Icon was NOT missing. It worked fine 🙂

This diverted us from SRGB.
(No tool hit to create Image with Color Space of sRGB, all meant the Color Profile, it's a different story 🙂 )
Next, We closely looked in to the project files & info.plist.

In info.plist, there was an extra or problematic entry.

<key>CFBundleIcons~ipad</key>

<dict/>

Our app Device is of iPhone ONLY, and not of Universal.

Upon removing this entry ALONE, issue resolved.

But I removed the other iPhone empty entry also (as we make use of image assets), from the info.plist:

<key>CFBundleIcons</key>

<dict/>

Hope, this could help someone great time 🙂

Cheers...