how to make a sliding segue

Hi! When I create a segue, the default segue is push. This makes it go from down to up. What I want is from right to left, like the one in Apple's contacts. When you press a contact, it slides from right to left. How do you achieve this effect? I also tried the show detail and present as popover and present modally. Thank you very much.

Accepted Reply

I was under the impression the Push segue was now deprecated in favour of "Show". In any case, Show / Push will give you the right-to-left animation if you're in a navigation controller. You can hide the navigation bar if all you want is the segue animation.

Replies

I was under the impression the Push segue was now deprecated in favour of "Show". In any case, Show / Push will give you the right-to-left animation if you're in a navigation controller. You can hide the navigation bar if all you want is the segue animation.

There is also another simple way to do this in future apps for you. First, click on the segue icon that should be in between the view controllers that you have used on the first segue or anything else that has a segue. Next, you have to do is go into the attributes inspecter and click on the transition menu and it will appear with a slide down menu. Then you can chose between cover vertical, flip horizontal, etc. Hopes this helps for you in the future.

TechiBot