Iphone only app

I am building an iPhone app, it's a General mobile food ordering app. Is it mandatory that this app has to run on an iPad also? Can we build an app for iPhone only?

Accepted Reply

>My question is more of, is apple going to allow me to release an app for iPhone only?

No...must run and look decent in 1x/2x emulation mode on iPad too.

>Would it not get installed on an iPad and run on 2x resolution?

...?

>To ensure it works fine on an iPad in 2x mode do I need to test it oṇ an iPad aswell??

At least test on an iPad simulator.

Replies

Hi rame26,

If you are using xCode, when you set the general parameters of your app, you can choose either iPhone, iPad or universal for all devices.

click your root project > General

Deployment info > Devices > (choose in menu)

Hope it helps

My question is more of, is apple going to allow me to release an app for iPhone only? Would it not get installed on an iPad and run on 2x resolution? To ensure it works fine on an iPad in 2x mode do I need to test it oṇ an iPad aswell??

>My question is more of, is apple going to allow me to release an app for iPhone only?

No...must run and look decent in 1x/2x emulation mode on iPad too.

>Would it not get installed on an iPad and run on 2x resolution?

...?

>To ensure it works fine on an iPad in 2x mode do I need to test it oṇ an iPad aswell??

At least test on an iPad simulator.

Thank you all

No, it's not mandatory for your iPhone app to run on iPad unless you specifically want to make it compatible. You can certainly build an app exclusively for iPhone. Check out this guide on creating an iPhone app for some helpful tips: https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/how-to-create-an-app-for-iphone/.