Several issues with subscriptions after iTunesConnect update

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems with testing auto-renewing subscriptions in Sanbox since iTunes Connect was updated a day or two ago.

StoreKit started to return half-price in SKProductsResponse. For example, for a subscription priced £14.99 in iTunes Connect the app receives £7.49

Additionally, none of subscriptions I created after the update work, returning invalid product identifier error.

Both previously existing and new in-app purchases display their status as "Missing Metadata", which may or may not be the culprit. I was unable to find out what this status means. To clarify, none of the in-app purchases were submitted to the review and all of the above experienced during Sandbox testing.

If anyone has an idea of how this could be fixed and whether the problem is on apple servers or my code (which used to work flawlessly until the update), please let me know.

I was able to find one of these problem experienced by other developers on SE, but nothing conclusive: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39287637/xcode-in-app-purchase-showing-wrong-price

Replies

This afternoon I have created auto-renewable subscriptions in our app for the first time, and while other types (consumable and non-renewing subscriptions) are recognised when requesting with their product identifiers via SKProductsRequest, the auto-renewable subscriptions are not.

I also had 'missing metadata' until I entered review notes and screenshot, however even after adding these I still cannot retrieve the products in app, and they are in the invalidProductIdentifiers array of the SKProductsResponse.

Please let me know if you find out any more about this, as it is critical to our app that we can use auto-renewable subscriptions.

I have the same exact issue where the Auto - Renewable IAP is not communicating between the app and iTunes connect. Non - Renewable is working however, as I made a test IAP to see if there was error in my code somewhere. Contacted APPLE over the phone and used a code level support voucher to get this straightened out as I have been working on this all morning. No real answers from anyone yet , but I will let you know if I get any more info.

Please do the same if you find out / hear more about this.

This seems to be associated with the introduction of the new autorenewable subscription procedures described here:

Learn More

I just got off the phone with Apple dev support. From my end:

- Saw the 1/2 price thing. Any changes I made to the price in IAP didn't affect sandbox.

- Tried making a new auto-renew sub today, not in sandbox.

Same issues here. The auto-renewable subscription I created after the changes last night hasn't shown up as anything but an invalid product identifier in the sandbox environment.

Man, I'm experiencing the same issue. I've been racking my brain why it's not working, but I'm sorta glad that others are having the same issue, I thought it was just me and my bad coding 🙂 I mean, I don't like the fact that it's not working, but, at least I can move on to doing something else, and hopefully, the issue will be resolved.

I've verified this problem for one developer. If you are seeing this problem, please send me your app ID and the affected In App purchase identifier. I will add your information to a bug report that iTunes Production Support is investigating. So far this problem is only being observed in the sandbox environment. If you are seeing this with the production version of your app, please contact me and I will forward the info to IPS as well. My contact info is in my signature below.

Please title the email - "SKProductsReq returns incorrect price tier for app ID XXXXXXXXXX"

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

It seems to be working now in Sandbox. My products are coming back.

Confirmed, my subscription products are now showing up in the sandbox. Not sure if Rich did something once I emailed him my info, or if the root problem is fixed, but yay.

I have the missing metadata issue. I am uploading screenshot for Auto renew subscription inApp and it keeps on loading and never gets back.