Keyboard CONSTANTLY freezes

Anyone else having the issue where the stock keyboard is freezing?

It happens in all apps. Notice it most in Messages. I can sometimes type a sentence or two and then it completely freezes. I have to double tap home and force close the app and then restart. Sometimes my previously entered text is there, sometimes it is not. I thought it was a Messages issue, but I have had it happen in Mail, Notes and even tried just entering a long string of text in the search field on Safari. It will freeze.

This started happening some time back on iOS 10 betas and has stuck all the way through to the new 10.1 beta. I have restored my phone from back up as well as restored and set up as new, but the issue creeps back in.

Before, I thought maybe because I had SwiftKey installed it was causing issues. I got rid of it and on last restore didnt even install it. Still have issues.

Ironically, SwiftKey works awesome without and freezing whatsoever. This is getting very frustrating as it has happened through a few firmware updates, as well as on an iPhone 6s Plus and now the new iPhone 7 Plus.

I cannot find much of anything that I have not tried. Just wondering if anyone else is as annoyed as me.

Replies

You're not the only one -->> https://discussions.apple.com/message/30689223#30689223

Well after much playing, I think I figured it out. Turned off "Check Spelling" in keyboard settings and voila. No more freezing. Toggle it on and off and sure enough, with it on, keyboard seems to pick a few words it always freezes on. With it off, no issues no matter what I type. I have filed a bug report.