Cannot save .scn file changes in Xcode

In Xcode, I am not able to save changes to my .scn file. When editing any component inside the scene file or even changing its name I will get an error saying that the file could not be saved.

I have tried restarting my Mac and Xcode multiple times as well as changing permissions for the file and entire project folder. Even moving to a new project gives this error. Nothing has worked though. Also creating a blank scene file and adding a cube doesn't even work so it's not a problem with my file.

How can I make changes to a .scn file and have it actually save?

Accepted Reply

This is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming Xcode 12 beta version.

Replies

I'm having the same issue with Xcode 12
I have the same problem. In order to change the scn file, I have to open Xcode 11. I hope this is fixed on the next Xcode 12 beta.
This is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming Xcode 12 beta version.
For Xcode 12b2 (12A6163b), this issue still exists. Changing the scn file will result in a modal, "The document "filename.scn" could not be autosaved." And this means that the only way to exit Xcode 12 is to force-quit.
Xcode 12b3 fixes the problem of not being able to save changes in Xcode 12. Thank you everyone in Apple's Graphics and Games Engineer team!

Just one teeny favor from the Graphics and Games Engineer; sometime could someone post a best-practices on moving cameras and other Scene changes? Just worried that what I'm doing to get the desirable outcome may not be the best way. Thanks.
still happening in Version 12.0 (12A7209)
Mine was happening for Xcode 12 and Xcode 11.7.
Seems OneDrive was interacting with the files. I paused syncing and the problem went away.
Thanks, Microsoft.