Big Sur Display Port Audio?

Hello all. I'm running Big Sur 20A4299v with my 16-inch MacBook Pro and after the beta install, the Display Port audio has ceased the work. Has anyone else come across this bug yet? Thanks y'all.

Replies

I forgot to add: I'm using a BenQ EW2780U display with the Mac.
I have the same issue. Any ideas so far?
Same issue using USB-C.
Just installed Big Sur beta. I have two monitors connected via USB-C and now sound only works on one of the monitors and my macbook pro speakers. Catalina beta recognized both monitors and the laptop perfectly, but Big Sur has broken that. Both monitors still function as expected along with the laptop screen open; they function as three screens. But now I can only get sound out of one monitor or the laptop speakers.
Same here. I have one externally connected USB-C monitor connected to clamshelled MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019). No sound.

I can connect to a bluetooth headset and hear sound, but nothing through the external display.
I have the same issue, but my MacBook Pro 15-inch no problem!
I have the same issue but only if i connect my device to the left side ports on my MBP16, do you have the issue on the right side ports as well?
@Zaim2012 You're my hero. This issue only presents when connected on the left. The right side usb-c ports work!!

This was resolved for me in beta 6.
same issue with hdmi
I have this problem on the current 11.1 (20C69) on a 2020 MB Pro 13".

Before upgrading from Catalina, it was possible to select one of the external devices from the volume menu. This selection simply is not there anymore.

Oh wait, after trying all the other USB ports, it suddenly appeared. Let's see if it stays.
I am Big Sur v11.2.3 and I have same issue. Suddenly no mic and sound from display. It was working before.
I have the same issue on 11.3.1 (MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)).

Same issue since updating to 11.3 (and 11.3.1, and 11.4). On a MacBook Pro 16-inch 2019.

I have two 2019 MBPs - one was on 11.2 and the other on 11.4. Sound was working through USB-C -> audio out on a Dell P2715Q on 11.2 but not on 11.4 as of last night.

I updated the 11.2 MBP to 11.4 this morning and now audio out is not working. So seems like something changed in 11.3+.