Unable to Connect Carplay to BMW after updating to iOS14 Beta

I installed iOS 14 Beta on my iPhone 11 and Carplay suddenly stopped working on my BMW 318 2017.

I’ve checked that bold text is off, restarted both iPhone and head unit, made sure that Siri is on.

Every time I try to connect I get an error “Unable to Establish Connection”

It worked just fine before the update.

Replies

The 2017 Range Rover Sport connected via USB has the same problem with CarPlay. It’s unclear if it is a problem with the car side or phone side, since the car won’t be updated.
Same exact issue here, 2017 BMW M3. I have reported via the feedback tool, provided logs and screenshots, no responses yet.
My feedback (that is still open) now shows “more than 10” for Recent Similar Reports. Hopefully that means that someone at Apple will be looking at this!
No luck on iOS 14 beta 3 either... <sigh>
Same issue with bmw 428 convertible
Bonjour,

J’ai le même problème avec ma bmw serie 5 de 2017. Depuis la mise à jour ios 14 sur mon iphone 11 pro : plus d’Apple Carplay fonctionnel. Même après installation de la dernière mise à jour du logiciel idrive BMW
I’m having the same issue with wireless CarPlay... 2017 BMW X3. Reported feedback, isn’t fixed in Beta 3, thinking about going back to iOS 13 since I love the CarPlay feature
Same issue here with iOS 14 beta and 17 530i. Does anybody have any workarounds?
I have the same issue on my BMW 440i. I sent a feedback and never heard back.
Having same problem with BMW 520iD Sport. Bluetooth connects for phone, but not music and USB is also not working although phone is charging.
Was working fine before update.
I have the same problem on my BMW 520 F10: the USB it doesn't recognize the iPhone at all after the upgrade to iOS 14 made last month. The other iPhone, not yet upgraded, is still recognized and charged by car . I informed BMW Italy but they don't yet know hot to solve the issue.
I can't charge my phone and the only way to connect it is via bluetooth
J'ai une BMW X3 G01 de 2018, depuis que j'ai eu l'iPhone 11 pro, que des bugs et ce jusqu'a l'arrêt total du CARPLAY depuis que j'ai l'iPhone 12 pro.... il faudrait une mise a jour pour BMW

Same here, new iphone 13 pro with ios 15. Connects at first when I pair the device and later disconnects and impossible to connect again. Please somebody fix this!