AR Quicklook's awesome Playback feature isn't being used as much with the recent changes

One of people's favourite features of AR Quicklook is the video playback. Aside from the feature its self, what it represents is familiarity as people have used it in video for decades so it helps place AR right next to other common formats, which is awesome!

Previously, if a USDZ's animation was longer than 10 seconds, the playback would appear. This rule was recently changed to allow the option from the USDZ metadata using the python tool. Unfortunately most designers are still not using the python toolkit so the feature is now hidden in most cases, which is too bad.

Would be great to add the ability to set that metadata from Reality Converter & Composer. Better yet, if it was available as an html fragment identifier it would be super helpful, similar to "allowsContentScaling"
  • I think you mean animation playback instead of video playback. It is 3D animation and you get video style controls. I "WISH" we could have video playback in AR quicklook. I could make good use of that.

Add a Comment

Replies

How do you add video playback to AR Quick Look?
I'm also interested in removing the video player from animations in Quick Look from Reality Composer.
The video player breaks the magic of AR.
Wait... did you say if the AR animation / video is longer than 10 seconds, it would playback on ARQuickLook? So far I manage "video playback" to run as video texture inside XCode app.
I’ve exported as reality file instead of usdz . Viewing in quicklook the video controls are gone. It looks better without the controls for sure
  • Hello, how are you able to have video playback in AR quicklook? Seems like it is impossible to import a video in Reality Composer at the moment...

Add a Comment

Hello, how are you able to have video playback in AR quicklook? Seems like it is impossible to import a video in Reality Composer at the moment.