Simulate background push notification (Xcode 12 release notes)

The release notes of Xcode 12 beta 1 states

When simulating a push notification in Simulator with the content-available key set, the system now calls application(:performFetchWithCompletionHandler:) instead of application(:didReceiveRemoteNotification:fetchCompletionHandler:). (60426170) (FB7625283)

The problem is, in Xcode 11 the system did already call performFetchWithCompletionHandler, which I think is a bug and was also filed in FB7625283.
If I test this on a real device, the system calls didReceiveRemoteNotification, which is the right method, at least from my understanding.

Now to my question, should the system really call performFetchWithCompletionHandler or are the release notes wrong and the issue isn't fixed?

Accepted Reply

I apologize; the release note is incorrect. It should be noting that the wrong delegate is being called, not that the issue was fixed.

Replies

I apologize; the release note is incorrect. It should be noting that the wrong delegate is being called, not that the issue was fixed.

I believe I'm still seeing this issue? Was it supposed to have been fixed by now?

Seems to be still a problem. Simulator calls performFetch, real device calls didReceiveRemoteNotification. How can this be?