AVPictureInPictureController.isPictureInPictureSupported() is false on iOS 14

I'm using AVPictureInPictureController.isPictureInPictureSupported() to detect PiP feature is supported on the device. It's working on iPadOS 13 and 14.

As we know that, iOS 14 is supporting PiP on iPhone. I'm using the same code but it returns false.

And I try AVPictureInPictureController(playerLayer: playerLayer).isPictureInPicturePossible, it returns nil.

I tested it on iOS 14 beta 1 and beta 2, iPhone X on simulator, it still the same.

I also see that the PiP button is also not shown on Safari HTML5 video playback.

How to make it work on iOS 14? Or how to enable for it?

Replies

Any response for this issue? I can not test PiP on iPhone simulator with iOS 14 beta.
On Xcode 12 beta 3, AVPictureInPictureController.isPictureInPictureSupported() is still return false.
Xcode 12 beta 5 is still return false on AVPictureInPictureController.isPictureInPictureSupported().

And the Safari in simulator is also not displaying Picture-in-Picture button while playing video.
Still always false on Xcode beta 6 and iOS14 beta 6... how should we test and implement this feature?
It's still unable to use PiP on simulator with iOS 14 GM, even on Safari.

AVPictureInPictureController.isPictureInPictureSupported() is still return false on iPhone simulator.

I re-installed Xcode again and again, the version of simulator is 18A372.

I asked this problem over 2 months. Any official response here?
Same here. I tried also on real device, but the PiP button in the AVPlayerViewController doesn't show up. I am on the public version of iOS 14.0.
Can not believe we are in this situation.
I have never seen a forum more useless than this.

Same situation btw.

Same here, AVPictureInPictureController.isPictureInPictureSupported() returns false in iOS Simulator (iOS15.0.1).