MacOS Big Sur install problems

Hello everyone! I have searched the web but have not found anyone with a similar issue. When Installing the Dev beta on my 2019 MacBook Pro it will finish installing at 12.88GB then it pulls up an error saying gatekeeper and installasistant.pkg failed or something along those lines. Anyone know a fix for this? thank you!

Replies

Same here: The package InstallAssistant.pkg fails to meet Gatekeeper policy. It took me 3 hrs almost to download full installer then I have to do it again. What a messed up Apple?????
Could you try the same after running this "sudo spctl --master-disable" its to disable gatekeepter.

Same happened to me too. I have to download it again.
The way people in customer seed can do it is,via installing mac os (whatever it can be) , from macos recovery options. Press cmd+option+R > install os. When it's done try installing it again. But make sure your disk has at least 40 gb space free.
I've got slow dwnld speeds and took almost 6 hours to finish. Now this Gatekeeper policy is violated and big sur was deleted. what can we do?

Hey everyone, I've found the solution!
  1. Disable gatekeeper with this command:

Code Block
sudo spctl --master-disable

2. and then turned off firewall on System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall

3. then finally restart the mac and it works.

Hopefully that will do for you guys!
I opened up Terminal and typed in the command:

Code Block
sudo spctl --master-disable

Then I disabled the firewall in settings and restarted my MacBook. This did not work for me.
The same happened to me too.
The person that said to put "sudo spctl --master-disable" in the terminal, follow those instructions, then shut down your computer and as soon as you turn it back on hit these buttons all at one time "option, command, p, and r" until the system resets one time then release those buttons after 20 seconds and let it restart for a second time. Then you should be fine and try to log in to your system to try the update one more time.

I had the gatekeeper policy error and the "%@" error for the update and I did both of these steps according to what an Apple rep told me to do. Good luck!

None of the suggestions worked for me (I am installing the actual update, not the beta). At this point I've downloaded the update 5 or 6 times. I am giving up.

This one is easy to figure out. restart your mac pressing “shift” during the process , just hold it until the screen asks you to put the password again , try to install . You’ll be in safe boot and it worked to all my friends and family.

This is very dangerous to blindly and thoughtlessly disable basic security features of operating system. Would be very ridiculous if Apple Support recommended doing so every now and then. I hope, that was just a figure of speech.

Both firewall and Gatekeeper weren't developed just for fun, wasting whole lot of time, efforts and Apple engineers' salaries for nothing.

Do you think that one day Apple executives would exclaim: let's make everyone's users' life just trickier! And then they'd laugh like in Dr. Evil movie. And then there would be a Nice Man who'd save the world and tell everyone just to disable it.

How can you be sure you are not a target for a MITM fake update attack?

Think twice before disabling anything in your system just because some guy in the Internet told so. And if you really need it, never forget to turn it back on as soon as it's possible after completing your task.

Hi Team, any resolution to this installation issue. I am facing same gatekeeper issue.