An infinite CANVAS

I needed an infinite canvas for my app which is basically a drawing board where one can draw things using pen.

So, I thought of having a very large custom UIView inside a UIScrollView. And in the custom view, I could keep drawing things. But, I ended up with a warning saying something like below and nothing drawn on screen.

[<CALayer: 0x5584190> display]: Ignoring bogus layer size (50000, 50000)

Which means, I can't have such a big CALayer to draw things. Now, solution? alternative? Then comes CATiledLayer. I made my large UIView backed by CATiledLayer now. After having a proper levelOfDetails and levelOfDetailsBias value, things worked like charm. Until I ended up facing another problem.

Since, CATiledLayer caches drawing in different zoom levels if I try to scale the view after changing the drawing content the cached drawings appear and then the new contents get drawn.

I don't find an option to invalidate caches in different levels. All the solutions I came across leads me to clear the entire contents of the CATiledLayer on drawing content change which won't help again.

Do I miss something here? Is there a way with which I can clear caches at different levels? Or is there any other solutions which could solve my need? Can someone help me with this?

Replies

Did you found a solution regarding CATiledLayer ?