Does iOS 14 support Local Push Notifications over ethernet?

Hello,

After going through the sample Local Push Notifications project and watching the WWDC video on local user notifications, I can see that specifying the SSIDs for which wifi networks that the NEAppPushProvider will start is required.
However, I see nothing regarding ethernet-based network connections.
Is Local Push Notifications supported over ethernet-based connections to iOS/ipadOS?

Use case:
An app that is used by pilots in the air, connects to an aircraft server/avionics over ethernet and receives text-messaging or other pushed data from the avionics system(s) (ex: ACARS).
In this scenario, ethernet is preferred for security and simplicity for the airline/crew. (Also, some airlines use ethernet to supply data and power (power-over-ethernet)).

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

The Local Push Connectivity API only supports starting the NEAppPushProvider on Wi-Fi connections via the matchSSIDs property of the NEAppPushManager object. Ethernet connections are not supported by the API. 

I recommend submitting feedback with Feedback Assistant to document your use case for the Local Push Connectivity API.

Replies

The Local Push Connectivity API only supports starting the NEAppPushProvider on Wi-Fi connections via the matchSSIDs property of the NEAppPushManager object. Ethernet connections are not supported by the API. 

I recommend submitting feedback with Feedback Assistant to document your use case for the Local Push Connectivity API.
Ahh, I figured as much.
Thanks for the reply!