AirPods Problem on Big Sur

While I have developer's beta iOS 14 on both my iPhone and Mac a recurrent problem has being happening to me where when I connect my AirPods to my computer it only recognizes one and uses one for audio. Whereas on my phone both work fine. So the problem is not the AirPods. Hope that on the next beta update it is resolve.

Replies

Solved the problem. as @odinux said, You have to check the balance in system preference => sound => output
I could resolve this issue finally with removing additional audio plugins in the folder /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins.

I don’t know which of the following plugins caused the problem:
  • /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/AppleAES3Audio.component

• /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin

• /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/InstantOn.driver (com.rogueamoeba.instanton-agent)

im on big sur beta 11 and my airpods just wont connect to my mac anymore, not sure what to do.
Removing "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/InstantOn.driver" (com.rogueamoeba.instanton-agent) fixed this for me.

Removing "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/InstantOn.driver" (com.rogueamoeba.instanton-agent) fixed this for me.

Followed this little trick worked for me too, now AirPods Pro connects properly to my Mac and they switch automatically between devices!

Thanks a lot @Crazybob!

I have some problems with not only Airpods Pro, but also with all other headphones like Boss, Seinnheiser, Beats bluetooth - on BigSur beta till version 11.0.1 (20B28) still some problems. No-one reply to me from Apple how to solve this issue.
I'm having the same problem. When I connect my airpods to my mac, it only connect one airpod to the audio. I am currently running BigSur version 11.0.1.
same problem here. only left or right airpod pro works on latest big sur 10.0.11 or latest iOs
also happens with official big sur release macOS 11.0.1 (20B29).

one of the airpods connects and plays sound for 3-5 seconds than disconnects...

also the battery status shows 0% for the airpod that is not playing. if i disconnetct the airpods, put in the airpod that has shown 0% and didn't work before and connect again it starts playing and the other one shows 0% battery....

so... both work and can play music. it doesn't seem like this is a problem with hardware.

also while playing music with one airpod the sound is flickering. there is no way to use this airpods right now.
I updated my Mac to Big Sur yesterday and I facd the same issue. For some reason the sound balance is set to left or right by default. You can change to by going into system preferences and then to sound. Hope this helps 😊
And the problem is not limited to AirPods. Since I upgraded to Big Sur 11.0.1 none of my audio devices work (Onkyo earphones and Bose Soundlink Mini II). They connect and disconnect immediately. I have tried several remedies proposed here or elsewhere, nothing seems to work. Reverting back the OS solves the problem, so it is purely Big Sur problem.
I updated to Big Sur 11.0.1 last night, and my pro pods wouldn’t stay connected at all. Worked fine on phone and iPad mini, but resolved issue when I turned off the blue tooth on my phone and iPad while using the MacBook.
Deleting “InstantOn.driver” at /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/“ and a reboot solved my problem.
Going to sounds in system preferences and putting the scale in the middle of left and right helped!
I have the same problem with the public Big Sur 11.0.1 and the AirPods. It connects for 1-2 seconds and then it disconnects automaticly. I deleted the InstantON driver, but didn't help. The AirPods change smoothly between my iPhone and iPad, so no problem in iOS.