AirPods Problem on Big Sur

While I have developer's beta iOS 14 on both my iPhone and Mac a recurrent problem has being happening to me where when I connect my AirPods to my computer it only recognizes one and uses one for audio. Whereas on my phone both work fine. So the problem is not the AirPods. Hope that on the next beta update it is resolve.

Replies

Same Problem over here. They initially connect and immediately disconnect afterwards. No sound, other than the connecting and disconnecting rings, is ever produced from any audio source. Would love so see more information and troubleshooting on this issue.
Same problem as the second guy, it'll connect, make the connecting sound/ring, then immediately disconnect and won't play any other sound or stay connected in Big Sur on my MacBook Pro.
Since upgrading to Big Sur 11.0 beta (20A5364e) I've been having problems connecting airpods pro with my mac. they work fine with my iphone 8 (ios 14 ) and they worked fine with my mac before upgrading. Now the airpods with only connect and disconnect with a few seconds in between in a contiuous cycle and they will not produce sound from the mac, just connecting and disconnecting contiuously
I'm having the same problem. It happened about a month and a hlaf ago so reverted back to Catalina and it worked fine. I saw several updates happened so I got the beta again and it wokred fine for a bit. Yesterday, the same problem happened again. I hope they fix this...
Same problem that the second guy, you should fix this!
I found if you delete the Airpods and add them back they work properly one thing I did notice is the left ear didn't work and I checked settings and for whatever reason the balance was set all the way to the right under Settings < Sound < Output then choose your Airpods and check the Balance.
I've got this problem too. It works fine on iPhone and iPad but not on Mac with Big Sur.
Its a balance issue for some reason the default was all balance to the right

system preferences->sound -> output
and manually middle the balance

• Gold medal for you!

• Still an issue on Monterey (12.1 (21C52))

• This guy deserves a salute ..... Kudos .....

Same problem also here in Italy!

Since I updated to big sur I noticed that my AirPods Pro continuously connect and disconnect from my 2013 MacBook Pro 15 and the don't play any sound.

The remain connected for like ten seconds and then diconnect.

AirPods Pro are working perfectly on my iPhone 8 Plus (iOS 14), iPad Pro (iPadOS 14) and Apple TV (tvOS 14) and also automatic switching works perfectly between these devices.

Actually the Mac shows the Airpods' correct battery level, so I guess that is not a mere connection problem. There's should be another issue.

Pls Apple fix this because I need to use AirPods Pro with Final Cut!
Same problem here. AirPods work fine on iOS and iPad OS. On Big Sur they connect then disconnect after 10 seconds and won't play any sound. Have had this issue since Beta 2.
Thanks @odinux it's fixed
Somewhat similar issue to everyone here. On the most recent beta. Beats Studio 3's are working great on all other devices but sound keeps auto balancing all the way to the right on Big Sur. I can switch it back in settings, but when I adjust the volume it switches back. Interestingly enough, not running into the issue with my AirPods Pro.
Hi, same problem for me (in France). I can only hear in my right AirPod and nothing in the left one. However it works well on my iPhone (iOS 14.2).
Same issue only on Mac after Big Sur update. Only one (right) earpiece working, while two connected. Annoying.
Since yesterday, my airpods pro left side not working.
while on charging it shows only the right side airpod.
it gives me serious headache.