Are Local Experiences Functioning in beta6?

What I've done:
  • Configured a local experience to point to "https:/example.com" (removed a slash to allow post)

• Configured the local experience with the App Clip's bundle ID

• Installed my App Clip via test flight, and see it visible in settings.

• Created a QR Code with the url mentioned in bullet #1.

What I encounter:
When I scan the QR code, I see that the camera app present a notification to open the URL in safari.

What I expect:
This should instead show the AppClip or AppClip card, correct?

Anyone else get this working? I've seen some blog posts but they're all mentioning beta5. I don't know if there's been a regression or just a behavior change.

Replies

@JayThyng,

(if you didn't) - I believe you should enable developer mode first to see local experiences(it's under that section). Debugging app clip in device can help for it.
@JayThyng,

Also make sure you are connected using a cable to a machine running latest Xcode.
You should use the scan QR Code feature in the control centre instead of camera app.
I verified that Local Experiences are back in iOS 14.2 beta .
This is also stated in the release notes.

I recommend who ever wishes to test App Clip Local experiences to download iOS 14.2 and Xcode 14.2.
I am on Xcode beta 12.2 and iOS beta 14.2 and the QR codes still do not work. When I scan the code nothing happens, but if I remove the local experience it opens the website in safari instead
emayby,

In iOS 14.2 with Local Experience the QR code must be scanned ONLY with the QR code native scanner in the Control Center.
Scanning with the camera app only works for published apps in the store.