ios14 "Notifications are not allowed" ERR

Hello. After the ios14 update, there was a problem that the application I distributed did not request notification permission.
In ios 13.7 version, notification permission is normally requested, but the device that has updated ios 14 does not request notification permission.

When requestAuthorization outputs the error details to completionHandler, the following error is displayed.

===========================================
Error Domain=UNErrorDomain Code=1 "Notifications are not allowed for this application" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Notifications are not allowed for this application}
===========================================

If you know how to fix it, please let me know.

Have a nice day.

Replies

I resolve this problem
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of NIKM Down vote reply of NIKM

I have the same problem. How did you solve it?
Do you have any solution? Can you share it?
Can you share the solution please? Thanks.
In my case, Build Settings - Packaging - Product Name was not English. Changed to English and worked.
It was okay to set the name in other languages in iOS 13 though.
  • Packaging- Product Name is already set in English, but the permission request still does not show, have to solve any other else, please?

Add a Comment

In my case, Build Settings - Packaging - Product Name was not English. Changed to English and worked.
It was okay to set the name in other languages in iOS 13 though.

I solved this problem with this solution!
Thanks!
Apple sometimes is really strange... I tried to find a solution 2 or 3 days, and missed out this thread. Product name is the answer. Use english in product name, problem will solved. Thanks to chungchung1315.
@NIKM How did you solve it? I have the same problem
Forgive me for being late.
IOS14 solved the problem by changing 'Build Settings-Packaging-Product Name' to English.

If you want to keep the existing name as it is, add the existing name to the Bundle display name in 'info.plist' and it will work as before.

I refer to the site below.

https://github.com/invertase/react-native-firebase/issues/4093
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of NIKM Down vote reply of NIKM
  • I am running into the same problem as described in this thread. I have tried using the "English" as the "Product Name". This did not work. Does anyone know if Apple actually has a smart and proper way to get this to work ?

• This solved it for me. I'm surprised this did not show up on StackOverflow.

Btw, to keep your non-English app name the same on the Home Screen, go to the Info tab on the project settings, click the small + button on the Custom iOS Target Properties key-value list and paste CFBundleDisplayName. Tap Return and the key name will be replaced by the nicer one from Apple. Then just paste your localized app name on the value part of this key.

Add a Comment

Big Thanks. Package name was not in English lol

In my case I simply just had previously denied notifications. Just check the notification settings first.

UNUserNotificationCenter.current().getNotificationSettings(completionHandler:)

• The result tips: <UNNotificationSettings: 0x600000d2b020; authorizationStatus: NotDetermined, notificationCenterSetting: NotSupported, soundSetting: NotSupported, badgeSetting: NotSupported, lockScreenSetting: NotSupported, carPlaySetting: NotSupported, announcementSetting: NotSupported, criticalAlertSetting: NotSupported, alertSetting: NotSupported, alertStyle: None, groupingSetting: Default providesAppNotificationSettings: No>

Add a Comment