Does Xcode 12 (12A7209) crash Spotlight? Also Core Data template does not run in Simulator. Also makes Mac super hot and fans whirl?!

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the new Xcode 12 (build 12A7209)? Specifically:
  • Xcode crashes spotlight when running Simulator or Previews

• Xcode makes Macbook Pro run very hot and fans kick up

• Using a Core Data template with SwiftUI and running it in Simulator produces a blank white screen and never shows the timestamp list.

Made a feedback ticket using Feedback Assistant, and attached a copy-pasted diagnostic error report for the Spotlight crashing issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this? (I'm on a Macbook Pro 2017 touch bar) on Catalina MacOS.

Is this just me? It's not like this Xcode is in beta anymore, right? The Mac App Store has the updated Xcode 12, but I can see on the Apple Download website that there's an Xcode 12.2 beta as well.. I'm assuming Apple just decided to copy-paste the Xcode 12 beta 6 and rename it Xcode 12.0 for the 12A7209 build and expect everything to work out fine.

My Mac can barely run it without fans blazing and fingers melting as I tap my lava keyboard..

Replies

The same and call Developer Documentation crashes all.
Same here. Any solutions yet?
Same here. Mac mini (Late 2014).
Yes, I have the same problem. I also have audio playback issues sometimes while Xcode is open.
I believe I'm experiencing the same behavior as of about 2 days ago. Doing an xcode build crashes spotlight and mac (air for me) runs hot. Unfortunately I can't compile/run a project I've been working on now due to this.
I'm also seeing that using the Core Data template with SwiftUI and running it in Simulator produces a blank white screen and never shows the timestamp list.
Same problem here.

Mac O.S. Catalina 10.15.6
MB Pro 13" MacBookPro14,1
Same here. My Xcode automatically updated to 12 this morning (9/21/2020), and when I ran Xcode, it started crashing spotlight. I am running on a Mac mini (Late 2014) and Catalina 10.15.6
I have the same problem, posted it here a few days ago.
I am getting the same problem.
Xcode 12 causes spotlight to crash every once a while.
Using a Core Data template with SwiftUI and running it in Simulator produces a blank white screen.

This is sorted out by clearing data in simulator from "Device->Erase all content and settings".
Spotlight seems to only crash when the simulator is open. Opening developer documentation also insta crashed Xcode.
I have the same issues. When using simulator, my mac feels very slow and spotlight keeps crashing.
The developer documentation issue is limited to the App Store version of Xcode. Download directly from https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ to regain access to documentation. This does not solve the Spotlight crash.
I am experiencing the same exact issue.

Kernel_task is up 120% CPU and Spotlight crashes.