Unable to execute Silicon architecture build on DTK with permission error

Hello there,

I'm trying to run my Unity-built game onto the new Silicon DTK.

I can build the application as either Apple Silicon only or Intel 64-bit + Apple Silicon from Unity.
When I build with the latter one, I can run it from DTK with 'Open using Rosetta' option on.
However, I don't think that's how the 'Universal' app supposed to work, right? I'm trying to run the Silicon-only build on DTK.

Then, when I build the Silicon-only build and run in the new DTK, I get the following error.

"'You do not have permission to open the application (name)' Contact your computer or networks administrator for assistance."

Obviously though, I'm the administrator, and I have the 'read & write' permission from the 'Sharing & Permissions' settings. I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this issue.

Replies

Yes, I am seeing the same problem.... still searching for an answer...
Quinn from Developer Support gave me the answer to this one.

I was building my macOS application with the wrong architecture. For ARM based Macs, the kernel and user space code using different architectures: kernel code uses arm64e and user space code uses arm64. From what I have read, the major difference is that arm64e uses pointer authentication whereas arm64 does not.

Applications and other user code needs:
arm64 (i.e.: -arch arm64 on the command line with xcodebuild)

For kexts:
arm64e (i.e. -arch arm64e on the command line with xcodebuild)

To build a fat application on the command line use:
xcodebuild -arch x86_64 -arch arm64 ....

To build a fat kext on the command line use:
xcodebuild -arch x86_64 -arch arm64e ....

Tim
I'm having this problem just trying to open the print queue (which is an app under ~/Library/Printers/). Note I'm on the DTK. I tried running it in Rosetta, and the OS crashed and rebooted.